Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Survey finds children raised by same-sex couples to be healthier and happier Watch

ReputationRep:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It could be contradicted though.
    You don't have to have homosexual parents to have a happy healthy childhood and how do you measure happiness before you do carisons between the two types of households.

Also (to my knowledge) homosexual adoption if relatively new so it isn't possible to complete this investigation on children or teens.

I am not homophobic though.

ReputationRep:
    Well no **** they do. For a gay couple to have a child they have to adopt , which means they actively wanted a child and went out of their way to do so.

Some ordinary couples accidentally have children, or have children when they are in no state to have children. If a gay couple is unwilling or unfit to be a parent, they simply won't have them.

That doesn't mean gay couples are inherently better parents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    That doesn't mean gay couples are inherently better parents.
    Nobody is arguing that. However this is clearly a good argument in favour of gay adoption...

ReputationRep:
    I'd imagine it is because 'accidents' can't happen in same-sex relationships. If a gay couple want to have a kid they have to be pretty well rounded to adopt, or have to make big decision and invest a lot of time and money if they want to do it via a surrogate. Whereas in heterosexual relationships a child can be born to two totally incompatible people after a one night stand leading to a fractured childhood if neither parent are prepared to rise to the challenge.

ReputationRep:
    Makes some sense to me. As it has been pointed out, a gay couple is obviously very motivated to have children and will be financially capable for caring for that child (which is required in the adoption assessment), so they are indeed going to provide for the child well and put a lot of love and care into raising it.

ReputationRep:
    and these kids aren't going to be bullied at school?......

ReputationRep:
    Ye but people of homosex persuasion have to go through adoption. Meaning if they weren't capable they wouldn't be allowed to adopt.

Everyone else could go pop out babies in the woods and leave them there if they wanted to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billydisco)
    and these kids aren't going to be bullied at school?......
    We don't stop ginger people, fat people, black people, Muslims etc having kids because their kids might be bullied so why is it different with same-sex couples.

Unless you believe the fault is with the victim and their family rather than with the bully?

ReputationRep:
    Plus a child raised by a same sex couple will have impeccable dress sense.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    when a marriage resonates shared thoughts and beliefs , love blooms and it becomes nurturing..its nothing to do with gender, creed, colour...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    We don't stop ginger people, fat people, black people, Muslims etc having kids because their kids might be bullied so why is it different with same-sex couples.
    You think a child having a ginger father is going to receive the same amount of bullying as a child who has a father for a mother? :rolleyes:

(Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    Unless you believe the fault is with the victim and their family rather than with the bully?
    Are you an idiot? If not, why do you say such an idiotic thing?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not against same sex couples having children, but I think you should all need this story.

Name:  1404407482924.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  207.7 KB

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    I'm not against same sex couples having children, but I think you should all need this story.

I feel sick. That is disgusting

ReputationRep:

That's pretty ****ing awful, poor kid

But sexual abuse of children also happens in heterosexual couples so what exactly is your point? Were you just trying to show its not true in every single case?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

This is utterly vile however heterosexuals also adopt or produce their own biological children for the sole purpose of abusing them. Pretty sick.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.