Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"You shouldn't be with me..." Watch

So after hooking up with a few girls, the deviant lothario that I am, I come here asking for a little wisdom. This has happened twice now, and perplexed me both times. In the morning when things have wound down, hangovers are kicking in, the afternoon is approaching and pillow talk is coming to an end, the girls have said, or variants of "You shouldn't be with someone like me, you should be with..." and then go on to describe the opposite of themselves e.g. blonde hair, blue eyed girl told me I should be with a tall, dark haired, mediterranean girl instead, and a dark haired, mediterranean girl told me I should be with a tall blonde hair, blue eyed girl...

Eh? What the hell they on about? :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So after hooking up with a few girls, the deviant lothario that I am, I come here asking for a little wisdom. This has happened twice now, and perplexed me both times. In the morning when things have wound down, hangovers are kicking in, the afternoon is approaching and pillow talk is coming to an end, the girls have said, or variants of "You shouldn't be with someone like me, you should be with..." and then go on to describe the opposite of themselves e.g. blonde hair, blue eyed girl told me I should be with a tall, dark haired, mediterranean girl instead, and a dark haired, mediterranean girl told me I should be with a tall blonde hair, blue eyed girl...

Eh? What the hell they on about? :wtf:
    Either 1 of 2 things. Either they are ashamed of what they've done with you or they're terribly insecure about themselves.

"Perhaps you're right! Maybe I should be with a (description of girl), but right now I'm here with you. What does that tell you?"

(Original post by jay2013)
    Either 1 of 2 things. Either they are ashamed of what they've done with you or they're terribly insecure about themselves.

"Perhaps you're right! Maybe I should be with a (description of girl), but right now I'm here with you. What does that tell you?"
    If I'm truthful I think the insecure part is very right. Also, brilliant reply to such a comment, thanks for that

maybe you shouldn't jump in bed with the first girl you see. Get to know her first. She will have more respect for you

maybe you shouldn't jump in bed with the first girl you see. Get to know her first. She will have more respect for you
    Each time I've never been the one to push for it Plus I really no longer believe that. Almost no one doesn't do one night stands. If you don't, and can't find a long-term partner, then enjoy being sexually inexperienced later on in life. I'm all for being a chivalrous gentleman, but realistically it won't help you get a partner, it'll just scare the **** out of most girls.

ReputationRep:
    I'm all for being a chivalrous gentleman, but realistically it won't help you get a partner, it'll just scare the **** out of most girls.
    You clearly go for the wrong girls. Or alternatively, your idea of being 'chivalrous' actually comes across as this...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...d=299959&stc=1

I have never met a girl who has been put off by me acting like a gent.
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: gif200.gif (411.6 KB)

(Original post by Michael!)
    You clearly go for the wrong girls. Or alternatively, your idea of being 'chivalrous' actually comes across as this...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...d=299959&stc=1

I have never met a girl who has been put off by me acting like a gent.
    There's being put off by, and then there is not thinking they are good enough for you, with that being the issue.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.