Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, yesterday I came home from university and had to set up my laptop to use the network so I went ahead and found the network security key on the bottom of my router to connect.

Everything was perfect for about 1 hour and then suddenly the wireless on my laptop stopped working for what seemed to be no apparent reason. It's still not working now and I'm forced to use the ethernet cable to my laptop in order to connect.

I try and click connect and it doesn't even attempt to connect to wireless, it just instantaneously says 'can't connect'

I've tried taking the plug out and putting it back in, taking all the cables in and putting them back in, turning off the router and waiting 30 seconds on multiple occasions and I've tried resetting the router to factory default settings and setting up my router again but it still doesn't work.

My mobile however, is successfully connected to my wireless connection but my laptop can't connect so I'm thinking it's something to do with the laptop settings or something I have no idea.. but it makes no sense because if my phone is connected to my wireless connection perfectly then why is it when I run the network diagnostic it tells me there is a problem with the wireless adapter or access point? :confused:

Can anyone help me please?

ReputationRep:
    Try disabling the network card and then re-enable it again to see if it can connect to the router.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mas94)
    Try disabling the network card and then re-enable it again to see if it can connect to the router.

I tried disabling the wireless connection and re-enabling it to no success but i'm guessing you mean physically removing the card from my laptop? ****kk why things got to be so complicated, wouldn't I have to get a screwdriver specifically to open my laptop?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not talking about physically removing the card, just disabling the the wireless card and re-enabling it when you click on troubleshooting link on the network icon.

Try pressing the fn+wireless key to see if the wireless card has been turned off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mas94)
    I'm not talking about physically removing the card, just disabling the the wireless card and re-enabling it when you click on troubleshooting link on the network icon.

Try pressing the fn+wireless key to see if the wireless card has been turned off.
    I've tried all this, you can follow my situation and see what i've done on here http://community.plus.net/forum/inde...tml#msg1120923

EDIT: This issue has been resolved now!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.