The Student Room Group

Northumbria

Is northumbria university good for nursing as it is quite high on the league tables? Also how is the nightlife there?
Original post by Kals97x
Is northumbria university good for nursing as it is quite high on the league tables? Also how is the nightlife there?

League tables shouldn't matter too much as all courses are dictated by the NMC as they all have to match certain criteria and all students have to complete both classroom and placement hours.
Northumbria is good for nursing and I know previous students who now work in north east hospitals and love it.
As for nightlife, I love Newcastle. (Maybe slightly biased as I am from there) but I havent found many other cities that compare. As Newcastle has the colleges and the 2 universities it is a very student friendly city. There are various club nights most nights depending on what type of scene you like and closing hours are staggered making it easier to get taxis. There are a good few taxi companies about that are good and know the student halls too.
There's usually drink promotions on during the week and especially when the football is on. Daytime can be just as good as the night!
There are various parts in the town depending on what you like to drink and the crowd you're in.
So it does cater to a lot of tastes :smile:
Make the most of it if you go!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by deviant182
League tables shouldn't matter too much as all courses are dictated by the NMC as they all have to match certain criteria and all students have to complete both classroom and placement hours.
Northumbria is good for nursing and I know previous students who now work in north east hospitals and love it.
As for nightlife, I love Newcastle. (Maybe slightly biased as I am from there) but I havent found many other cities that compare. As Newcastle has the colleges and the 2 universities it is a very student friendly city. There are various club nights most nights depending on what type of scene you like and closing hours are staggered making it easier to get taxis. There are a good few taxi companies about that are good and know the student halls too.
There's usually drink promotions on during the week and especially when the football is on. Daytime can be just as good as the night!
There are various parts in the town depending on what you like to drink and the crowd you're in.
So it does cater to a lot of tastes :smile:
Make the most of it if you go!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you that's helped me a lot! I loved the university open day and everything seemed to be close by. Definitely think I'll be applying there:smile:

Quick Reply