Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm about to start uni soon, and I need some new clothes. The problem is I always feel like I dress so boring (my usual outfits always seems to consist of my black doc martens, black skinny jeans and a t-shirt) does anybody have any advice or links to nice casual/going out clothes that could make my wardrobe more interesting?

I suck at finding clothes to wear out too. Does anybody have any suggestions of what I could wear on a night out that won't make me feel ridiculously self conscious?

Thank you sososo much

ReputationRep:
    theres nothing wrong with wearing jeans out! maybe you could try dressing them up with a pair of boots with a heel on them? also instead of t shirts you could try wearing blouses, shirts or vests, all of which can be made more dressy! also, you can never go wrong with a pair of shorts and tights, and you can wear these with practically anything! playsuits and especially jumpsuits are really in this year, and they shouldn't make you feel too bad, you can even wear a playsuit with tights! hope this helps what uni you going to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alixrebecca)
    theres nothing wrong with wearing jeans out! maybe you could try dressing them up with a pair of boots with a heel on them? also instead of t shirts you could try wearing blouses, shirts or vests, all of which can be made more dressy! also, you can never go wrong with a pair of shorts and tights, and you can wear these with practically anything! playsuits and especially jumpsuits are really in this year, and they shouldn't make you feel too bad, you can even wear a playsuit with tights! hope this helps what uni you going to?

Thank you, these are good ideas! I'll definitely invest in some shorts and a variety of tops I think, and yeah I was thinking about playsuits, they seem like a good middle ground. I'm going to Loughborough to do English(hopefully) What about you? Are you going to uni this year?

ReputationRep:
    yay that's good to hear yes i'm hopefully going to newcastle to study biology and psychology but don'r think i've got the grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alixrebecca)
    yay that's good to hear yes i'm hopefully going to newcastle to study biology and psychology but don'r think i've got the grades
    Aww, well good luck, I'm sure everything will be alright! I know what you mean though, I feel the same.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.