Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Abdominal pains.. Help please. Watch

Sorry in advance for this lengthly post..
    Hello! So I was hoping someone could help or let me know if you have had similar problems and anything that may work..

I have been experiencing lower abdominal pain The pain started over a year ago not long after I had a burst cyst and abscess in my right ovary. The pain is a very low stabbing pain and feels like it's in my ovaries. However sometimes feels like it moves into my stomach. It comes and goes all day and can last for seconds or up to 3 hours. I have tracked the food I ate when the pain starts any activity I have done that day and times that they happen yet I cannot see any correlation between them.

I have been going to the doctors for the last year and a half but they cannot find an answer, I have had a laparoscopy to look for adhesions and endometriosis, which has shown nothing and the same with ultrasounds. I have tried many antibiotics that fight infection, tried IBS medication and tried certain diets such as gluten free etc none of which has worked.

Over the last 4 days the pain has been worse and has moved to the left hand side, I have also came on my period even though I only came off 2 weeks ago and have not stopped taking my pill (I am bleeding very heavily with blood clots and this started 2days ago) and I have been experiencing lower backache. The doctors have put me on tramadol which are not touching the pain resulting in 3 nights with no sleep and curling up in a ball to reduce the pain. I am constantly feeling dizzy and sick and really need some advice.

I am seeing a gynaecologist at the end of July so Any advice or guidance you can give me would be gratelet appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Sorry in advance for this lengthly post..
    Hello! So I was hoping someone could help or let me know if you have had similar problems and anything that may work..

I have been experiencing lower abdominal pain The pain started over a year ago not long after I had a burst cyst and abscess in my right ovary. The pain is a very low stabbing pain and feels like it's in my ovaries. However sometimes feels like it moves into my stomach. It comes and goes all day and can last for seconds or up to 3 hours. I have tracked the food I ate when the pain starts any activity I have done that day and times that they happen yet I cannot see any correlation between them.

I have been going to the doctors for the last year and a half but they cannot find an answer, I have had a laparoscopy to look for adhesions and endometriosis, which has shown nothing and the same with ultrasounds. I have tried many antibiotics that fight infection, tried IBS medication and tried certain diets such as gluten free etc none of which has worked.

Over the last 4 days the pain has been worse and has moved to the left hand side, I have also came on my period even though I only came off 2 weeks ago and have not stopped taking my pill (I am bleeding very heavily with blood clots and this started 2days ago) and I have been experiencing lower backache. The doctors have put me on tramadol which are not touching the pain resulting in 3 nights with no sleep and curling up in a ball to reduce the pain. I am constantly feeling dizzy and sick and really need some advice.

I am seeing a gynaecologist at the end of July so Any advice or guidance you can give me would be gratelet appreciated.

Many thanks in advance
    Wow, I can relate to you! I had really bad abdominal pain in my lower right side late last year and was hospitalised for a few days. They gave me an X Ray, Ultrasound scan, made me give blood, stool and urine samples and couldn't find anything wrong. They thought I had appendicitis because I had a few of the symptoms, but they ruled it out because I didn't have all and they didn't want to risk putting me under the knife for no reason, I was also close to having keyhole surgery too. They also thought I had cysts too. They ended up putting me on antibiotics and it helped. But then I had the same problem early this year and spent almost 3 weeks in the hospital. They did the same tests and everything came back clear. I even had a MRI scan and that came back clear. They once again put me on antibiotics and it helped. Turns out I just had an UTI, but I really don't think I started off with one, because I would only catch the UTI while I was in hospital... I'm due to have a flexible sigmoidoscopy at the end of the month because they've now found that my abdomen is slightly inflamed.

I hate tramadol, they put me on that as well and it left me feeling the same way. They even offered me morphine but I declined that. I'm wondering if you've got the same thing as me, just an inflamed abdomen. I reckon you suggest to have a flexible sigmoidoscopy like myself. Now it may not be pleasant but that could also help rule out any possibilities or help you find a solution. You sound like you're in a really bad position, so please go to the hospital. It sounds like you might need to stay there as well. Make them give you the flexible sigmoidoscopy, if you're persistent enough they will. I had to constantly ask my doctors to give me and MRI, and even though they found nothing, it still helped put me at ease.

So please go to straight to A&E if you can because the pain is getting worse. I really do hope you find a solution. I'm fine at the moment, but like you the pain keeps coming back and then going.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.