Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview with curry's i was wondering if you could give me some information regarding the recruitment process. They phoned me and said i will have them 5 mins to impress and also the role play store thing. I was wondering if you could give me some more information and let me know how yours went.
    Thanks in advance,
    Jamie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiek118)
    I have an interview with curry's i was wondering if you could give me some information regarding the recruitment process. They phoned me and said i will have them 5 mins to impress and also the role play store thing. I was wondering if you could give me some more information and let me know how yours went.
    Thanks in advance,
    Jamie
    Whilst I've not worked at Curries, nor any of the companies that it is related to, I do know about the 5 minute impression and especially the role-play thing, having taught people about it before at the job that I've been at almost three years.

Just remember to stay formal, polite, and relaxed. Look presentable, and be as quick and as accurate as possible. Obviously, you won't know every little minor detail as you've not had the training, but they might say "sell product X to me" in which case you have to do your best to sell the product etc.

But at least they have pre-warned you what will be included in the interview, to give you time to prepare for it - now it's down to you to research well, and in researching well, impress them as much as you can, even before and after the "5 minutes to impress"

MalteseMalteser

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MalteseMalteser)
    Whilst I've not worked at Curries, nor any of the companies that it is related to, I do know about the 5 minute impression and especially the role-play thing, having taught people about it before at the job that I've been at almost three years.

Just remember to stay formal, polite, and relaxed. Look presentable, and be as quick and as accurate as possible. Obviously, you won't know every little minor detail as you've not had the training, but they might say "sell product X to me" in which case you have to do your best to sell the product etc.

But at least they have pre-warned you what will be included in the interview, to give you time to prepare for it - now it's down to you to research well, and in researching well, impress them as much as you can, even before and after the "5 minutes to impress"

MalteseMalteser

I'm really stuck on the 5 mind to impress I can't think of anything I can say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiek118)
    I'm really stuck on the 5 mind to impress I can't think of anything I can say
    Lemme guess, "tell me about yourself - you have five minutes".

Start off by saying your full name, the school/college you attend.
    Favourite subject. Why.
    Interests.
    Hobbies.
    Future ambitions.
    etc.

And just appear bubbly! If you're bubbly, you'll talk for ages and ages and will leave them happy at your confidence. I had an interview in April that kinda asked the same thing and I spoke about the fact I was at uni, the subject I studied, how I'd helped do up my current house with my dad, the fact I've lived in three countries etc. and it left them impressed

ReputationRep:
    i used to work there. it was a few years back. My interview was pretty informal. They just want to see that you can sell. All the add-ons like cables, software, and most important is the monthly warranty payment. they only make £20 per laptop they sell, so all the extra stuff is the only way they make profit. Ask something like 'have you made sure you have everything you need today?', 'have you thought about how you will protect your laptop/washing machine from breakdown and damages?' , 'we offer low monthly payments'
    They want people who are not shy, friendly, the type of person to casually chat someone into buying something they don't really need..
    God so glad i don't work there now. lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.