Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the worst movie accent you've ever heard? Watch

ReputationRep:
    As the title suggests, what's the worst fake accent you've heard in a film that's been put on by someone who's obviously from another country?

Mine would have to be Keanu Reeve's English accent in Dracula. Unfortunately his incredible acting talent just didn't come across this time round.

ReputationRep:
    In Green Street Hooligans, Charlie Hunnam's Cockney accent was just awful. I thought the rest of his acting was great, though, TBF.

ReputationRep:
    Beat me to Keanu Reeves haha, DiCaprio in Blood Diamond is another great pick

ReputationRep:
    Forest Whittaker's cockney accent in that IRA film.

Ray Winstone in the departed.

Ca't think of any more right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scumbaggio)
    Forest Whittaker's cockney accent in that IRA film.

Ray Winstone in the departed.

Ca't think of any more right now.
    Winstone is a great shout

ReputationRep:
    Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves just outside Sherwood Forest : "It's not the men we fear sir, it's the evil spirits"

Any **** van Dyke

Titanic Watchman : "Oisberg, dead ahead"
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Why did they make Ray Winstone American? He could have easily played that role as a Brit. Silly Scorsese.

ReputationRep:
    You ain't seen nothin' yet, folks. Shia's best attempt at sounding british :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noggins)
    You ain't seen nothin' yet, folks. Shia's best attempt at sounding british :laugh:

Wow, was that supposed to be an English accent? :laugh: At times I thought it sounded more South African...

I can't believe I almost forgot this atrocity:

ReputationRep:
    Sean Connery's English accent through much of his James Bond films is pretty bad.

ReputationRep:
    Russell Crowe's strange Irish-Yorkshire-Scottish-Somerset blend in his new Robin Hood one is pretty unreliable.

I always hate the 'let the lord of the black land' bit in LOTR when Aragorn goes all American on it, as follows:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veni Vidi Fugi)
    Russell Crowe's strange Irish-Yorkshire-Scottish-Somerset blend in his new Robin Hood one is pretty unreliable.

I always hate the 'let the lord of the black land' bit in LOTR when Aragorn goes all American on it, as follows:
    He sounds very Irish/Scottish to me when he says it, or even northern. Definitely not American. It is an odd break in his accent though because his character didn't speak with hard 'R's' until that moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welsh_insomniac)
    He sounds very Irish/Scottish to me when he says it, or even northern. Definitely not American. It is an odd break in his accent though because his character didn't speak with hard 'R's' until that moment.
    I can see how you think that, but I think it's the rhoticism of his natural accent coming through. I hear is as American because I know that he is, if that makes sense

ReputationRep:
    Di Caprio - Titanic
    Ray Winstone - The Departed
    **** Van Dyke - Mary Poppins
    Russel Crowe - Robin Hood

Special mention to Chris O'Dowd in Girls despite it being a TV series.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noggins)

Ahahahahaha, needed a good laugh this morning. 'Gud johb Leez' :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Michael Fassbender in X-Men: First Class. Like it was really good... up until the Cuban standoff thing at the end. Did no one hear that his voice completely changed?

ReputationRep:
    Also, Kevin Costner as Robin Hood for his inability to even attempt an accent.

ReputationRep:
    The boyfriend of Mark Wahlberg's daughter in the newest Transformers movie.......even I can sound more Irish/Texan and I'm frikin African smfh
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    The lead guy from The Room. I don't even want to know if that was his real voice or a put on accent. It was awful!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sean Connery's "Irish" accent in The Untouchables. I bet a few people will have said that one.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.