Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be doing an EPQ at A Level in September but my college has told us to get some ideas for titles. Can anyone help me by suggesting some titles? I would like to do it on Law. However I've been told that you can't do anything which is covered on the A Level syllabus. Is that right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    What's on your A Level syllabus? What area of law do you want to do it on? No point us suggesting some interesting titles on company law if you're more interested in criminal for example.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to do it on family law or criminal law. On the A level syllabus is mainly all criminal law. The A level covers mens rea in little detail. Do you think this means I can't write about it at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I don't know the rules sorry, but good topics could be something like Pre-Nups (Fadmacher and the Family Law Commission's recent report), potential overhaul of the MCA and other things from recently Family Law Commissioner's report.

For Crim there's loads to go at, if you wanted to do MR then 'Woolin' intent's alway an interesting one, ditto crimes of strict liability/

ReputationRep:
    I did the EPQ when I was in year 13 and was always told that the best projects tend to be those that are on a highly topical issue. My project was about self-regulation of the British press (i.e The Leveson Inquiry) and I found it great as my project evolved as this legal case evolved which resulted in my enjoying all the research far more and doing quite well (got full marks). My advice would be to choose something that is related to a topical issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.