redhead25
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm going to be doing an EPQ at A Level in September but my college has told us to get some ideas for titles. Can anyone help me by suggesting some titles? I would like to do it on Law. However I've been told that you can't do anything which is covered on the A Level syllabus. Is that right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Le Nombre
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What's on your A Level syllabus? What area of law do you want to do it on? No point us suggesting some interesting titles on company law if you're more interested in criminal for example.
redhead25
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I would like to do it on family law or criminal law. On the A level syllabus is mainly all criminal law. The A level covers mens rea in little detail. Do you think this means I can't write about it at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Le Nombre
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't know the rules sorry, but good topics could be something like Pre-Nups (Fadmacher and the Family Law Commission's recent report), potential overhaul of the MCA and other things from recently Family Law Commissioner's report.

For Crim there's loads to go at, if you wanted to do MR then 'Woolin' intent's alway an interesting one, ditto crimes of strict liability/
Unsworth
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I did the EPQ when I was in year 13 and was always told that the best projects tend to be those that are on a highly topical issue. My project was about self-regulation of the British press (i.e The Leveson Inquiry) and I found it great as my project evolved as this legal case evolved which resulted in my enjoying all the research far more and doing quite well (got full marks). My advice would be to choose something that is related to a topical issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (277)
15.42%
Uncertainty around my education (281)
15.65%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (178)
9.91%
Isolating with family (127)
7.07%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (80)
4.45%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (150)
8.35%
Loneliness (177)
9.86%
Financial worries (74)
4.12%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (165)
9.19%
Exposure to negative news/social media (128)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (159)
8.85%

Watched Threads