Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

For a year or so now I've known a girl who, right from the moment I first talked to her, I've always liked. Problem is that I just can't work out if she likes me or not.

We both go to the same college, and back in September when we first started, we were always together. This went on until around December when I finally plucked up the courage to tell her I liked her and asked her out. Her reply was "I don't know" which I sort of just took as a no, to be honest. A week later I was told by a friend that she was going to say yes, so I have no idea why she suddenly changed her mind.

Anyway, after this we drifted apart for quite a while, mostly because I think we both just found it a bit awkward to be around each other.

A month or so ago, she somehow found out that I like another girl in the college. She was trying to find out who it was by asking my best friend who thankfully hasn't told her. Since then, it seems like she's gone back to the way she was around me when I first knew her. She's talking to me again in college, and seems to be flirting with me. Random hugs, pretend playful fighting, etc. I'm just not sure if she's doing this just to tease me though.

So now what do I do? I finish college for the summer on Friday, so need to think fast. Do I just ask her out again? I guess I have nothing to lose?

Thanks for reading all of this. I would really appreciate some replies.

So I guess nobody knows what I should do then...

ReputationRep:
    Daggering now...

ReputationRep:
    Just ask her out.

I assume you're in your first year of college, you have all summer to spare. If she says yes then that's great, you can spend all summer with her.

If she says no, no biggie, you'll have a job and your mates and even if you went back to school it wouldn't be awkward again.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, it sounds like one of those girls who "doesn't want you but doesn't want anyone else to have you"

If she genuinely liked you, she would have just said yes in the first place. Now that she has found out you like someone else, she's showing interest again. That's just pure jealously and so might not actually means she likes you, just that she doesn't want anyone else to have you.

On the other hand, you've found all this information out by third persons, which is never the best source of information. What if none of it is actually true and just hearsay?

But, then again, like Jam278 has said, you've not really got a lot to lose if she says no because you have all summer to let it pass before you're back at college and see her again. I'd ask her out but at the same time I would do it completely casually and wouldn't get your hopes up too much. Just see what happens and play it cool.

Thanks for the replies. I think nmpuk might be right about her being a girl who doesn't want me but doesn't want anyone else to have me. I will just try to ask her out one last time when I see her on Friday then, which will indeed be the last time before the summer. We'll see what happens, I guess...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.