The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by philerus
Hi. I have applied for Government & Economics at LSE at the end of September. I have 10 A* IGCSE, with a Top in the World Award for IGCSE Geography and IGCSE Biology. I have 6 As at AS (100 UMS in both AS Politics Units, Unit 2 Economics and S1 in Math) and 5 A* predictions for A2, along with an A prediction for AS Further Math, which my school only started offering this year. I have received two letters of acknowledgment, with the one saying that my qualifications are now being assessed having been sent to me last week. However, I am not pleased with how my PS has turned out.

cool story
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by MrBowcat
cool story

Thanks, I appreciate the sarcasm. I apologise if this sounded arrogant; I just thought that the aim of this thread was for prospective applicants to share their grades and concerns.
American Applicant here! Applying for BSc in Government with the following qualifications:
Ap: 5's in: US gov, Comparative gov, us history, world history, music theory, and European history ( euro 5 is predicted) 4 in lit :frown:

i submitted late september and 3 days ago received the email saying they're processing and will get back to me within 2 weeks.

doubt I will get in, but will give it a try anyways! LSE is an amazing institution!

also applying for Ox and for 2 courses at Kings
This thread depresses me, my grades are zilch compared to these. Anyway, just want to know if applying before or after the oxbridge deadline has any effect?! (applying for economics btw)
Reply 184
Original post by Mathsfanatic123
This thread depresses me, my grades are zilch compared to these. Anyway, just want to know if applying before or after the oxbridge deadline has any effect?! (applying for economics btw)

It shouldn't have any tangible effect, however, there are all kinds of myths and legends out there so who knows... :rolleyes:
Reply 185
Do lse send you a questionnaire asking you for your module scores after you have sent your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys what are my chances for law?

Gcse: 3 A* 5A 1B
As: AABB
A2 predicted: A*AA
Original post by Mariusk03
German applicant currently doing the IB applying for Bsc Management :smile:
45 points predicted, HL: Biology, Geography, German A: SL: Math, English A L&L, Spanish B.
Application will be sent next week hopefully, really hope they do give me an offer despite SL Math :biggrin: My career counsellor gave LSE a call and they said they would consider my application :smile:
Good luck to all!

Show them you are the right candidate through your PS and you hv a v good chance. Read their comments on PS carefully and address their requirements.
Original post by derek15
American Applicant here! Applying for BSc in Government with the following qualifications:
Ap: 5's in: US gov, Comparative gov, us history, world history, music theory, and European history ( euro 5 is predicted) 4 in lit :frown:

i submitted late september and 3 days ago received the email saying they're processing and will get back to me within 2 weeks.

doubt I will get in, but will give it a try anyways! LSE is an amazing institution!

also applying for Ox and for 2 courses at Kings

FELLOW AMERICAN!!!!

Except I'm applying to Economic History, and not Gov.

Economic History was pretty fast with me. I got an email after a day or two from an admissions person saying they'd received my application, got another one a couple of days after that, and now I got an email saying I met all their requirements, they are now looking at my qualifications and Personal Statement. I should get an email in 8 weeks.

Has anyone gotten an email like this?
Original post by kurofune
FELLOW AMERICAN!!!!

Economic History was pretty fast with me. I got an email after a day or two from an admissions person saying they'd received my application, got another one a couple of days after that, and now I got an email saying I met all their requirements, they are now looking at my qualifications and Personal Statement. I should get an email in 8 weeks.

Benefits of of applying early before the avalanche of applications come through.
FELLOW AMERICAN!!!!

I got the same email today, but i'm from the uk and am applying for international relations :smile:
Reply 191
Original post by megan97
I got the same email today, but i'm from the uk and am applying for international relations :smile:

I got it for history :smile:
FELLOW AMERICAN!!!!

Americans :smile:

Anyways I didn't get that specific one, after seeing what people last year got I never heard of an 8 week one I thought it went like this:
1. Confirmation email saying they got your app
2. Email saying they're reviewing qualifications/PS and will get back to you within 2 weeks
3. Either a rejection or an email saying you are one of their qualified apps so they'll consider you further and get back to you within 5 weeks
4. Offer or rejection

But what do I know anyways ☺️

Congratulations by the way for making it through the first stage :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mariusk03
Thanks! I'm pretty confident with my PS so I got my fingers crossed now :smile: They say on their website that a predicted 7 in SL Math is sufficient, so technically it should work :smile: I'll just have to wait and see.. :s-smilie:

Well good luck then.
LSE havent acknowledged, sent yesterday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EHZ17
LSE havent acknowledged, sent yesterday

Posted from TSR Mobile

They took about 5 days to acknowledge mine so I wouldn't worry. :smile:
Original post by athena1
They took about 5 days to acknowledge mine so I wouldn't worry. :smile:

5 days is not too bad even though it is just acknowledgement. Wait till the applications shoot up. The wait is always excruciating ... worse after acknowledgement ... I think.
Original post by GandalfWhite
5 days is not too bad even though it is just acknowledgement. Wait till the applications shoot up. The wait is always excruciating ... worse after acknowledgement ... I think.

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to that at all! Though if I do get an offer it will be worth the wait, however, I think I would have talked myself out of thinking I'll get an offer from them by the time I finally hear back from them so whatever it ends up being, I'll be okay with it.
Is it possible to get into LSE to do straight Economics with 3a* predictions in Sociology, Maths and Economics.
Or would it be wise to apply for something like social policy with economics at LSE?
Original post by Economicsgirl08
Is it possible to get into LSE to do straight Economics with 3a* predictions in Sociology, Maths and Economics.
Or would it be wise to apply for something like social policy with economics at LSE?

How were your AS results?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending