The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dmirza96
I received my rejection for Maths AND Economics this morning (Slightly different course). At AS Level I had 5As: Maths (A) Further Maths (A) Economics (A) Religious Studies (A) Physics (A) with a 96.5 UMS Average (Out of 100) across them. Additionally, I had a strong Personal Statement and a variety of academic/non-academic achievements. So yes, it is very competitive. I wish you the best of luck.

Aw no :frown: Where else have you applied?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by uncleshneb
Haha I think I've spoken to you before on here,we got the 4 weeker at the same time if I can remember properly

Haha yeah I thought I recognized your username! I just want to hear back soon, whether it be good or bad news. We'll probably hear from them at the same time since we're in the same batch! Good luck! :smile: Btw are you international?
Original post by ak2015
Haha yeah I thought I recognized your username! I just want to hear back soon, whether it be good or bad news. We'll probably hear from them at the same time since we're in the same batch! Good luck! :smile: Btw are you international?

Yeah hopefully! Nope I'm in the UK, you?
Original post by powelsmartin
Thanks! It seems though that all the PPEists in power do have the appropriate background too, which is a pretty big factor.

I think in my case the decision will also be largely personal - the two universities seem equally good (although LSE's course is far more exciting) so it's just preference left to differentiate between them.

You're a Cambridge applicant then I presume?

Whatever choice you make, I wish you the best.

I 'was' a Cambridge applicant, but I was unfortunately rejected post-interview.
Original post by Tantheta
Me too! IB predicted 43/45, and PS was good too, according to our counselor.. It is super competitive!

I'm so sorry to hear that! I ran my PS through about 3 teachers who commended it highly, in fact they told me it was one of the best that they had read - I find it odd that the only reason they gave for rejecting me was that my PS wasn't good enough.

I don't know much about how the IB is marked or anything, but 43/45 seems insanely good - It is a real shame that we didn't make it.

Best of luck with your other choices!
Original post by heysoph
Aw no :frown: Where else have you applied?

Counting on UCL now - Still haven't heard from them. I've received offers from my fallback options (Surrey, Queen Mary). I'm considering reapplying next year though, my Cambridge interviewer suggested I should go to Oxford - he told me I was 'too Aristotelian for Cambridge'!? I disagreed.
Whatever choice you make, I wish you the best.

I 'was' a Cambridge applicant, but I was unfortunately rejected post-interview.

Thanks!

That sucks mate, your stats are insane! What's your top choice now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks!

That sucks mate, your stats are insane! What's your top choice now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Counting on UCL - although the figures say that the course is more competitive than LSE! I might consider taking a year out and then reapplying.
Thank you! Counting on UCL - although the figures say that the course is more competitive than LSE! I might consider taking a year out and then reapplying.

What have you applied for at UCL?
Counting on UCL now - Still haven't heard from them. I've received offers from my fallback options (Surrey, Queen Mary). I'm considering reapplying next year though, my Cambridge interviewer suggested I should go to Oxford - he told me I was 'too Aristotelian for Cambridge'!? I disagreed.

UCL is so good! Good luck :smile:
Original post by heysoph
UCL is so good! Good luck :smile:

Thank You :smile:
What have you applied for at UCL?

Economics With A Year Abroad (L101). I think they consider applications for this course alongside applications for the standard Economics (L100) course - but admit less for the L101. Either way, it is around 13 applicants per place overall.

I see, UCL is amazing! Although they do give out more offers per place than LSE so don't let the stats deceive you :wink: and the applicant pool may be weaker, but best of luck anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I see, UCL is amazing! Although they do give out more offers per place than LSE so don't let the stats deceive you :wink: and the applicant pool may be weaker, but best of luck anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, that's reassuring! I hope they get back to me soon...
Yeah hopefully! Nope I'm in the UK, you?

Cool! I'm American :smile:
so today is the big day for me! when i get my offer from LSE. So glad im getting it today. ha ha ha
Original post by daalchaval
so today is the big day for me! when i get my offer from LSE. So glad im getting it today. ha ha ha

Ok then g
Original post by Logolept
Ok then g

yeah bro manz gonna get out the ghetto and make da dollar
Last days of January ..... time to think positive and lucky?
(edited 9 years ago)
Got an offer for G&E yesterday around 1 pm! Super excited 😄

Quick Reply