The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Flippi1
I think if you do email them they will just say they are still considering your application ... They will tell you when they have made their minds up ... I can't imagine they will think oh this person really wants to know so lets put them out of their misery !! But hey do what you think you should !! Good luck

Original post by avar
do not under any circumstances. That is a guaranteed rejection. Just wait until the end of march

Yeah like, I know it's not going to increase my chances of getting an offer or anything it's more my fam just making me double check LSE haven't lost/forgotten about my application - think this is just nerves making me think illogically -> if they have lost it then I'll sell my story to the Daily Mail in April and make my fortune!!! Hahaha :wink:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by jchap9776
Can't decide whether I should send an email to ugadmissions if I don't hear next week, just saying how I know it's competitive and was wondering whether the admissions selector is still reviewing my application... Thoughts? My 4 week expired feb 6th and next Friday would be March 6th

lol my mum thinks i should do the same... my 4 weeks ended on feb 6th too, it's peak innit
probs not worth emailing tho, just tryna stay calm - at least we know it cant be another month before they tell us cos of the 31st march deadline right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got rejected for IR ps wasn't strong enough :frown:
Can't decide whether I should send an email to ugadmissions if I don't hear next week, just saying how I know it's competitive and was wondering whether the admissions selector is still reviewing my application... Thoughts? My 4 week expired feb 6th and next Friday would be March 6th

If they were not still reviewing your application you would have had the rejection by now. I genuinely believe that many Unis have been caught out this cycle. If you look in lots of other threads, there are people who are still waiting for their replies. The Unis have the stock 8 and 4 week email but the volume of applications has rendered them useless. You did not get rejected today so you are still in with a shout.
Original post by djsimpy
lol my mum thinks i should do the same... my 4 weeks ended on feb 6th too, it's peak innit
probs not worth emailing tho, just tryna stay calm - at least we know it cant be another month before they tell us cos of the 31st march deadline right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah exactly, I'm just gonna wait

Original post by JamjamjamT
If they were not still reviewing your application you would have had the rejection by now. I genuinely believe that many Unis have been caught out this cycle. If you look in lots of other threads, there are people who are still waiting for their replies. The Unis have the stock 8 and 4 week email but the volume of applications has rendered them useless. You did not get rejected today so you are still in with a shout.

Yeah I'm gonna wait it out
Yeah exactly, I'm just gonna wait

Yeah I'm gonna wait it out

Thing is you would never know. You could email them on Monday and get rejected by Wednesday and then you would always be asking yourself if it was because of your email.
Got rejected after 20 weeks of waiting. Sigh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JamjamjamT
Thing is you would never know. You could email them on Monday and get rejected by Wednesday and then you would always be asking yourself if it was because of your email.

Yeah exactly, I'm not taking that chance, I'll just wait it out and if, and I doubt it will, come to March 31 at least I'm then right to email. Cheers for persuading me man, I don't want to throw it away
Original post by Yangyuning

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn that's what I don't like, as it builds your hope that you've not been rejected and then 20 weeks bam. They should do offers and rejevtions all together in March of feb time not dribs and drabs
Yeah exactly, I'm not taking that chance, I'll just wait it out and if, and I doubt it will, come to March 31 at least I'm then right to email. Cheers for persuading me man, I don't want to throw it away

I think that's probably right call mate, although I said earlier no harm in calling it's true if you do get rejected you'll always b like it was that phone call/ email whatever.
Hi all,

I'm an applicant for 2015 LSE Graduate programme :smile:

I have a question on LSE application submission.

I already paid my application fee with credit card and received the receipt e-mail.
But my application form status still looks like this.... Pay&Submit section is still orange-ish.

Does this mean that I have successfully turned in my application and I just have to wait until LSE confirms my payment or do I have to contact them asking for technical support since application has not been submitted yet?

Deadline is by today so I'm really worried now :'(
Reply 4091
Original post by Yangyuning

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww! Did they tell you what's the reason?
Original post by isaisaisa
Got rejected for IR ps wasn't strong enough :frown:

Can I asked what you got at AS etc? I too have applied for IR and still haven't heard back, I'm worried and wouldn't consider myself a strong applicant because I got C's at GCSE -_- fail...but I just wish they'd tell me if I'm rejected sooner :frown:
Original post by colettelj
Hi all,

I'm an applicant for 2015 LSE Graduate programme :smile:

I have a question on LSE application submission.

I already paid my application fee with credit card and received the receipt e-mail.
But my application form status still looks like this.... Pay&Submit section is still orange-ish.

Does this mean that I have successfully turned in my application and I just have to wait until LSE confirms my payment or do I have to contact them asking for technical support since application has not been submitted yet?

Deadline is by today so I'm really worried now :'(

Not sure myself, think there is an LSE postgraduate entry thread though - they might know :smile:
Original post by rubytues96
Can I asked what you got at AS etc? I too have applied for IR and still haven't heard back, I'm worried and wouldn't consider myself a strong applicant because I got C's at GCSE -_- fail...but I just wish they'd tell me if I'm rejected sooner :frown:

Got 7a*s 2 as and 3bs at gcse however put it into ucas wrong so it seemed as if I only had 6a*s and then AAABC at as level however one of the As was in german which is one of my mothertongues so didn't really count.

I'm surprised they didn't reject me because of my grades...they specifically said it was my ps.

I'm sure if your ps is good your gcse grades won't matter too much :smile: ugh I know the wait is horrible especially since they only answered 3 or 4 weeks after my 4 week email...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by isaisaisa
Got 7a*s 2 as and 3bs at gcse however put it into ucas wrong so it seemed as if I only had 6a*s and then AAABC at as level however one of the As was in german which is one of my mothertongues so didn't really count.

I'm surprised they didn't reject me because of my grades...they specifically said it was my ps.

I'm sure if your ps is good your gcse grades won't matter too much :smile: ugh I know the wait is horrible especially since they only answered 3 or 4 weeks after my 4 week email...

I got 6 A's in all social science subs at GCSE, 3 B's in sciences and 2 C's in Spanish and Maths and then AS 3 A's and 1 B. I think my ps is strong...however, they might not think so. Hopefully I'll find out soon, I just want it over with now, even if I'm rejected.
Not sure myself, think there is an LSE postgraduate entry thread though - they might know :smile:

Ah, thank you so much :smile:!
Ah peak, what's your 2nd choice?

I got an offer from kings and still waiting for ucl to reply. wbu?
Original post by bobabob
I got an offer from kings and still waiting for ucl to reply. wbu?

Would anyone on this thread think of firming Durham for law instead of LSE. My son's worried about the whole student experience at LSE. Any first year LSE students who could reply to this?
Original post by Cholesta
Would anyone on this thread think of firming Durham for law instead of LSE. My son's worried about the whole student experience at LSE. Any first year LSE students who could reply to this?

I'm not a first year student, but I have several friends in their 1st and 2nd years at LSE, and they're all having the time of their lives. It is London after all; there is always something to do, and always someone to do something with. The whole Uni experience is what you make of it. Moreover, LSE is a much more prestigious uni for Law, so he will be losing out quite a bit.

This may not be the best of things to tell a parent, but LSE was even voted as having the best nightlife in the UK.

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2014/dec/07/london-school-of-economics-best-university-nightlife

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending