The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Original post by Logolept
Anyone applying for politics and philosophy?

me!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
What does the 8 week email look like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FlyingKiwi16
How competitive is entry for social policy with government? It doesn't seem to be talked about much here, and I'm an international student from New Zealand so don't know a huge amount about it all! Thanks!

Thanks haha. By the way, social policy with government is not really competitive in terms of grade. However, as they have really low requirements, a lot.. of people apply. I think in the social policy department, it is the 2nd hardest to get into.

Hope we both get in :smile:
Original post by xenia95
me!

Yes! Haha. Did you get anything back from then yet? I got the standard 2 week/ 8 week treatment.
Reply 544
Original post by Logolept
Yes! Haha. Did you get anything back from then yet? I got the standard 2 week/ 8 week treatment.

Same. Are you doing the IB?
Go the 8 week email today. I hope I get in. LSE is my first choice :smile:
Reply 546
8 week email for PPE, just want a decision now!
Reply 547
Original post by shka
I am also applying to America (Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Columbia etc.) so these would come after Cambridge. LSE would probably come after HYP in America. The competition in America makes LSE's 8% admission rate seem comforting....

Hey I also think I'm going to apply to America! How did you do in your standardised tests? And have you started your common app essays? I'm really struggling to get started with them
Original post by MrBowcat
What does the 8 week email look like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is what mine said:

I am writing to provide you with a further update on your application to the LSE.

I am happy to tell you that your application is now under consideration by the Admissions Selector for the BSc in Politics and International Relations programme.

The Selector will be making further academic assessments on your qualifications and personal statement, and will be considering your application in competition with other candidates in your cohort.

This may take up to eight weeks. I will be in touch at the end of this process to let you know what happens next.

As always, if you have any questions you are welcome to contact me.
Reply 549
8 week email for economics!
Did anyone get 8 weeks email from Social policy with government nor any social policy courses?
Reply 551
Has anyone actually got rejected by lse at this stage?
Original post by mmccann
Has anyone actually got rejected by lse at this stage?

I think I've seen about 2-3 people post saying that they've gotten rejected by LSE.
Original post by athena1
I think I've seen about 2-3 people post saying that they've gotten rejected by LSE.

I have seen a couple of people who were rejected by LSE on the 30th . They are all law applicants. Seems like there are no traces of rejection for any other subjects!
Original post by stichybabe
I have seen a couple of people who were rejected by LSE on the 30th . They are all law applicants. Seems like there are no traces of rejection for any other subjects!

but has anyone been rejected after receiving the two week email? :s-smilie:
Reply 555
Anyone had an 8 week email for IR and History yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys,
Any Management offer holder ?
Original post by elisabeth1996

Yes, I do recall few of them were rejected 2-3 weeks after receiving the 8-week email>< scary!
Original post by elisabeth1996

YESSS!
I received the two weeks email on Oct.20th. And I've heard nothing since then. Is this a bad sign?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending