The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone who received the 8 week email over 8 weeks ago with no update, sent an email to the UG admissions dept.?? If so what did they say?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Vd123
Hi I'm an international applicant who has applied to LSE for law starting 2015. Just wanted to know, at what stage in your application do they tell you that you need to give the UGAA? I'm already in the 6th week of the 8 week email and they haven't said anything. So I just wanted to know if they do or not?

Hi mate, everyone has to take the UGAA literally on the same date and time (even if you do it remotely from your own college or whatever), so unfortunately that means you're in for a wait. Last year:

09/01/14: UCAS application submitted. (wasnt arsed about Oxbridge, LSE was my firm from the beginning)
13/01/14: Application receipt and 2 week 'assessing your qualifications' email received
17/01/14: 'Strong enough for further consideration' email received and told to expect 7 weeks for the process of further consideration.
28/01/14: Invited to sit the UGAA.
04/03/14: Did the UGAA at my college. In a cavernous room. With an invigilator. On my own. Weird as tits.
10/03/14: Told to expect a final answer by the 31st March
19/03/14: Offer given. Firmed it about 6 seconds after I got the email!

Depending on when you applied you may get the invite to do the exam before me but it's always around March time I believe!
Original post by StretfordEnd
I'd be surprised if UG admissions is still open. Obviously MSc admissions are much more rigorous, particularly at a 'personal statement' intensive Uni like LSE. Add to the fact that MSc students make up such a massive % of students at LSE and you've got masters admissions dept. having much more work to do than UG admissions dept.

They were definitely closed by this time last year!

This is good to know, thanks! When in January will the UG admissions office open then?
Original post by ak2015
This is good to know, thanks! When in January will the UG admissions office open then?

We're back on the 13th, I would assume that the admissions would be back the 6th at the earliest, if not the 13th itself.
Original post by atlanticstudent
I've applied for International Relations, now 4 days past my 8 week email. Haven't received a 4 week email this Friday.
Anyone else in a similar situation? Will I hear from LSE next year?

In the exact same position as you not sure if I should we worrying or not?
Original post by phatlittlelemon
Any overseas applicants receive an offer yet? (Eco)
LSE sent me an email asking for predicted grades like 2 weeks ago and my school sent in my grades a few days ago, I haven't heard from them since... Is that normal?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm done! My school sent my as grades instead of the predicted grades because they think it is really strange to ask for predicted grades again!
Original post by isaisaisa
In the exact same position as you not sure if I should we worrying or not?

As am I... Frustrating to say the least

Posted from TSR Mobile
INTerNATionAL RELaTIONs!!!?!??!?!?!
Reply 1828
@Mr.ManJuJu, I've also applied for IR and would like to help you somehow, but what exactly is your question? :confused:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by yongshrim
i thought there were only few rejections being sent out before...are there a lot!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe my school is just an exception, 5 rejected..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Word up got an offer for Philosophy and Economics
Original post by jebrusis

Congrats!
Today :O That means there is still hope for this week :smile:

Any offers for INTERnationAL RELatioNS?!?!?
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm sorry for my rudeness, my dad said if I dont' get an offer by Christmas he will kick me out of the house for not doing good enough, so I am very anxious to not end up on the street.
Please keep on topic and be nice to one another!
Original post by Mr.ManJuJu
I'm sorry for my rudeness, my dad said if I dont' get an offer by Christmas he will kick me out of the house for not doing good enough, so I am very anxious to not end up on the street.

Calm down...it's LSE...everyone has to be patient and wait,I am also worried for the long waiting but there is nothing else we can do,just talk to your dad and let him know the situation,it 's the 3rd best school in UK just after Oxbridge,it's not that easy to get an offer....good luck btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1837
Original post by xyzmaster
got an offer for actuarial science :smile:

aw good one! Ive applied for actuarial science too but still waiting.

do you mind sharing the strengths and weaknesses in your application portfolio? E.g. Personal statement, grades, work experience subject combo etc.

I think my grades and subject combo will pass, but my work experience was very irrelevant, would that put me under massive disadvantage do you think?

Congratulations! :smile:

Did you just receive your offer today?
Original post by rmisra
Congratulations! :smile:

Did you just receive your offer today?

does that mean they are still replying? :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending