Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all. **** Any help welcome ***

Before I start, I want to say I'm 100% committed to nursing.

I am currently doing a 2 year Access course provided by Belfast met, and to be honest I'm surprising myself with a 80% overall!

My first 4 choices will be nursing at Queens Sept, Queens Feb, Ulster Sept & Ulster Feb. However, I'm absolutely loving the pure science aspect to the Access course and am considering using my 5th choice for Biomedical science if I don't get accepted for either nursing courses.

My question is:

Is there an interview to get into the Biomedical science or does it just go on the criteria being met and your personal statement? Does your personal statement even get read?

My concern over my personal statement is that it will be so geared towards nursing that the Biomedical lot might not even look at it.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kathyowen04)
    Hi all. **** Any help welcome ***

Before I start, I want to say I'm 100% committed to nursing.

I am currently doing a 2 year Access course provided by Belfast met, and to be honest I'm surprising myself with a 80% overall!

My first 4 choices will be nursing at Queens Sept, Queens Feb, Ulster Sept & Ulster Feb. However, I'm absolutely loving the pure science aspect to the Access course and am considering using my 5th choice for Biomedical science if I don't get accepted for either nursing courses.

My question is:

Is there an interview to get into the Biomedical science or does it just go on the criteria being met and your personal statement? Does your personal statement even get read?

My concern over my personal statement is that it will be so geared towards nursing that the Biomedical lot might not even look at it.

Thanks in advance.
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Hey there,
    There isn't an interview for biomedical sciences. But if you want to do nursing your personal statement has to be 100% geared towards nursing. If they see aspects of biomedical in your personal statement they may think that your not 100% committed and this will reflect on whether you get an interview or not. By the way I am a successful nursing student this year and will be starting adult nursing in Feb 2015 xx good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.