Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Recently been on two dates with different people and afterwards both have said they're not looking for a relationship, how have I had such bad luck with this?

Just find it annoying that they agree to go out with me then turn around and say they don't want to get into anything

ReputationRep:
    How did you meet them? This is quite common with blind dates..

(Original post by Zarek)
    How did you meet them? This is quite common with blind dates..
    Neither were blind dates, one I met at a party and got her number then asked her out, seemed like she was interested but then I was pretty surprised when she said she wasn't looking for a relationship at the moment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Neither were blind dates, one I met at a party and got her number then asked her out, seemed like she was interested but then I was pretty surprised when she said she wasn't looking for a relationship at the moment
    In my experience first and second dates are often pretty tentative and it is perfectly possible to be blown out at this stage. But I think the hit rate should be >50%. Probably just a run of bad luck. Dust yourself down and get back in the saddle..

(Original post by Zarek)
    In my experience first and second dates are often pretty tentative and it is perfectly possible to be blown out at this stage. But I think the hit rate should be >50%. Probably just a run of bad luck. Dust yourself down and get back in the saddle..
    That's kinda what I needed to hear I guess haha, cheers

ReputationRep:
    I have a sure-fire way of avoiding bad dates, don't go on dates.

If you're playing the game then you need to expect to lose.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Finding a RuneScape girlfriend is probably more successful than going on a date for the first or the second time, it's okay OP

(Original post by lilypear)
    Finding a RuneScape girlfriend is probably more successful than going on a date for the first or the second time, it's okay OP
    Runescape girlfriend? Haha
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I went on 3 dates with this one guy, he kissed me, told me how much he liked me then he told me that he didn't want a relationship, I know it sucks

(Original post by esjae)
    I went on 3 dates with this one guy, he kissed me, told me how much he liked me then he told me that he didn't want a relationship, I know it sucks
    Feel sorry for you sounds worse than my situation
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Feel sorry for you sounds worse than my situation
    Kinda used to it now haha
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)
    I dated a girl for 3 months before she turned around and said she wasn't ready for a relationship - no doubt there's somebody in an even worse situation than that somewhere in the world too.
    Ouch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esjae)
    Ouch
    Just accidentally deleted my post on my phone - sorry you now look like a double poster.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)
    Just accidentally deleted my post on my phone - sorry you now look like a double poster.
    Make me look insane why dontcha :P Nah it's okay haha
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I will admit I've done this. But then again, I wasn't too sure. He did also turn up 30 odd minutes early (which meant I had to rush) and then informed me he had no money. He then wanted to discuss "our future". He'd asked me out a week before...

And then he got it into his head that we were together and was talking about marriage and moving in together.

Oh, and then I was informed that he has a girlfriend...

There was the issue of a 14 year age gap too.

ReputationRep:
    Recently been on two dates with different people and afterwards both have said they're not looking for a relationship, how have I had such bad luck with this?

Just find it annoying that they agree to go out with me then turn around and say they don't want to get into anything
    Well it's better than saying "You're ugly and I do not want a relationship" yes?

Move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by SMEGGGY)
    Well it's better than saying "You're ugly and I do not want a relationship" yes?

Move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cheers mate

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.