This discussion is closed.
priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
do any of u guys do it? i went for my 2nd donation today, i always seem to find its middle aged women/men and the elderly that donate hardly any people our age (in my area anyway)

the woman who was taking my blood was really harsh on me this time- the needle didn't hurt last time, but it still stings now :mad:
VoodooDoll
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
good for you! i've always wanted to give blood but i don't have the guts... i will one day though when i overcome my fear of needles...
DuncanM
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Same here, I've got s phobia of needles
Sponge Bob
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I faint when I see a needle
_EMMA_
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah i have done it.
Butterfly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah i gave blood pretty much as soon as I turned 17 - only done it once - plan to do it every sixth months, when permitting. i noticed when i went, how many overweight people there were ... Britain = a nation of fatties
priya
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
it really doesn't hurt though (well apart from this time when the stupid woman shoved it in really quickly) vaccination needles are the most painful, i hate needles too. once this needle is in though, it doesnt hurt at all, just sorta sits there and u dont feel a thing
crana
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
yep Ive been once - I couldnt go before as I had had acupuncture 6 months before turning 17

it was fine the only thing was I got bored so next time I will ask if i can read or listen to music etc while giving blood

i felt a bit dizzy - im a lot smaller than most of the people there! but i was ok

if youre going i would recommend making an appointment if you can its much quicker

rosie
Homegrownkitten
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by priya)
do any of u guys do it? i went for my 2nd donation today, i always seem to find its middle aged women/men and the elderly that donate hardly any people our age (in my area anyway)
I would like to but I have been to Africa in the last 5 years... I will be able to in 2 years tho...

(Original post by VoodooDoll)
good for you! i've always wanted to give blood but i don't have the guts... i will one day though when i overcome my fear of needles...
I used to have a fear of needles but I started to have the contraceptive injection and now I dont mind them so much now. Athough I do have them in my bum :eek: (hurts less because of the padding! )
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I applied on the website and they sent me a letter saying they would get in touch to make an appointment. Haven't heard from them since. Obviously my blood isn't good enough.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by crana)
yep Ive been once - I couldnt go before as I had had acupuncture 6 months before turning 17
You couldn't go only because of 2 factors weren't met:
-Disposable needles
-Registered doctor
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
-Disposable needles
-Registered doctor
Phil, you're going to de a doctor when you're older! Doctor Phil!
kikzen
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
I applied on the website and they sent me a letter saying they would get in touch to make an appointment. Haven't heard from them since. Obviously my blood isn't good enough.
just go down to your nearest centre then :P

last time i gave (3rd time) i passed out.

on the tube.

(wasnt fun at the time!)
zazy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by priya)

the woman who was taking my blood was really harsh on me this time- the needle didn't hurt last time, but it still stings now :mad:
Hasn't there been a threa don blood donation??? :confused:
sashh
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Butterfly)
yeah i gave blood pretty much as soon as I turned 17 - only done it once - plan to do it every sixth months, when permitting. i noticed when i went, how many overweight people there were ... Britain = a nation of fatties
Well remember if you ever need blood to make sure you get a thin persons.

I'm not allowed to any more, take too many drugs (prescription ones) so I bully a friend into going instead.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Phil, you're going to de a doctor when you're older! Doctor Phil!
Indeed. And I clarify you as needing strong psychotic drugs.
Mxx
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
can't do it for a few years as theres some issues with my blood. although I would/will do it in future, it doesn't hurt - just don't look at it working its way into your vein!
crana
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
-Disposable needles
-Registered doctor
Actually, they were registered (a physiotherapist, not a doctor) and disposable needles were used. However you need to get a certificate saying this, and I just couldn't be arsed to go through sorting that out.

Rosie
fifi53
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i went to give blood about 4 months ago - went to the appointment, filled out the form, had the "little chat", and the lady said i was too crazy to give blood. how stupid is that? she said i wasnt mentally aware of what i was doing. bull. i spoke 2 someone at their head office, and to the donation service heqad doctor, who said it was totally wrong to have turned me away and they were looking into it as a matter of urgency and questioning people. oops, got people into trouble there, but still... was totally wrong to turn me away.
pingo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by priya)

I would like to give blood but.... I can't. If you have transfusions (blood) you can't give it. but i realy want to make it up. i've had lots, such that my nick was vampire....
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (102)
48.57%
Take exams next summer (31)
14.76%
Change uni choice through clearing (52)
24.76%
Apply to uni next year instead (19)
9.05%
I'm not applying to university (6)
2.86%

Watched Threads