Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Netherlands vs Costa Rica Watch

ReputationRep:
    Arguably the most unpredictable tie of the round, but Oranje will be favourites.

ReputationRep:
    Costa Rica pls.

ReputationRep:
    No upset so far in the 1/4s , it'd be nice to have one.

ReputationRep:
    0-0 written all over it.

ReputationRep:
    Doing pretty well again now so....

by default I back Holland to win, but a Costa Rica surprise would be great and isn't that unlikely.

That said probably a lower scoring match than Brazil-Colombia. So under 2.5 for me. If Holland play right I can see it being 2-0. If Costa Rica win, would be 2-1.

ReputationRep:
    Come on Netherlands. :dance:

ReputationRep:
    Holland to win 2-0 imo. Although I would like to see an upset and also because then LVG can have a short break and then take on his duties as United manager xD.

ReputationRep:
    Paul Merson "RVP hardly had a kick against Chile" Van Persie was suspended for that match. Is this what they pay Paul Merson for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Paul Merson "RVP hardly had a kick against Chile" Van Persie was suspended for that match. Is this what they pay Paul Merson for?
    Merse was probably on the gear again during the game

Merse is basically one of those guys you'll see at the bar in any pub just on the outskirts of London, chatting **** about footie to all who'll listen. A proper bar-stool pundit, every pub has at least one :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Holland: Cillessen, De Vrij, Vlaar, Martins Indi, Depay, Wijnaldum, Blind, Kuyt, Sneijder, van Persie, Robben.|
    Subs: Vorm, De Jong, Janmaat, de Guzman, Verhaegh, Veltman, Kongolo, Clasie, Lens, Fer, Huntelaar, Krul.

Costa Rica: Navas, Gamboa, Acosta, Diaz, Gonzalez, Ruiz, Borges, Tejeda, Bolanos, Campbell, Umana.
    Subs: Pemberton, Duarte, Myrie, Barrantes, Francis, Granados, Brenes, Miller, Calvo, Urena, Cubero, Cambronero.

ReputationRep:
    http://cricfree.eu/live/watch/nether...ta_rica_/45567

For anyone wondering what Dutch TV football analysis is like...they actually spend a good 30m talking pure tactics, imagine that on ITV ! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I don't care who wins I just want an exciting game

ReputationRep:
    Come on Netherlands!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Come on Costa Rica! Please upset the odds and down the dutch!

ReputationRep:
    I'd like plucky Costa Ricans to win to smooth things over for the Argies.

ReputationRep:
    Easily the most fascinating game of the QF

ReputationRep:
    Holland been very respectful of CR and letting them have the ball.

ReputationRep:
    campbell conserving energy it seems, sitting a lot deeper too

ReputationRep:
    Netherlands probably the only team in the quarters so far have have looked incredibly strong in their quarters match. Will be surprised if they don't score soon, they've got all the possession and Costa's not even threatening to score a goal at all.

ReputationRep:
    costa rica pls

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.