Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview at Warren James on Monday and was wondering if any of you have been to one before and what questions should I expect?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hadiaaa)
    I have an interview at Warren James on Monday and was wondering if any of you have been to one before and what questions should I expect?
    Never been to an interview by them before, but I would expect standard retail questions such as "tell me about yourself", and your availability, as well as questions that probe your knowledge of the company and the industry. If the job position is part-time, they will also most likely ask about your availability to work as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MalteseMalteser)
    Never been to an interview by them before, but I would expect standard retail questions such as "tell me about yourself", and your availability, as well as questions that probe your knowledge of the company and the industry. If the job position is part-time, they will also most likely ask about your availability to work as well.
    This is my first ever interview so I wasn't sure of the questions, thank you😃

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hadiaaa)
    This is my first ever interview so I wasn't sure of the questions, thank you😃
    Ahh no problem! I remember my first "proper" interview (in which I got the job, in which I still am now) three years ago, and since I work in retail too I would suppose there is quite a lot of crossover. I've also been to two other interviews since then, and those questions have normally come up.

Heck, one interview was for a DIY store and I told them my interpretation of the economic outlook for the industry (how unemployment rate is falling, economy is recovering therefore more people are gaining money, more wage increases, linked with new confidence in the housing market, more people looking to improve their houses, leading to DIY sales increasing - obviously a different scenario to Warren James, but just an example from my own experiences)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MalteseMalteser)
    Ahh no problem! I remember my first "proper" interview (in which I got the job, in which I still am now) three years ago, and since I work in retail too I would suppose there is quite a lot of crossover. I've also been to two other interviews since then, and those questions have normally come up.

Heck, one interview was for a DIY store and I told them my interpretation of the economic outlook for the industry (how unemployment rate is falling, economy is recovering therefore more people are gaining money, more wage increases, linked with new confidence in the housing market, more people looking to improve their houses, leading to DIY sales increasing - obviously a different scenario to Warren James, but just an example from my own experiences)

Ah right, I'm really nervous for mine but hopefully it goes well

Thanks for the help

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.