Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What should I do about my boyfriend before going to Uni? :( Watch

Announcements

So before I start, you know the cliche, I love my boyfriend to pieces, I really do. I am in love with him. We have been together for 2 and a half years, we started off as friends for a couple of weeks and that bloomed- which I adored because everything was a surprise. We have been through every issue a couple could go through together and still come out like two peas in a pod. There's been some very rocky parts, but mainly amazing ones, filled of memories from holidays, college, and just goofing around.

He's very mature, has a stable job- had the same one for years, is already in University, has his own hobbies too.

He's going to live in a house with friends in September and I'm going to live in halls- we'll only be about an hour away from each other- and it's not massively expensive to visit each other.

But I'm worried. not that he'll cheat, but that I don't know where the relationship is going, I'm just not sure where his head is at

I can't bring this up in conversation because everything has been going oh so well for the past few months and we've had future plans before which didn't work out and has started arguments in the past.

I can't really imagine a life without him anymore, I've been in a lot of relationships, thought I was in love, but when it's real, you just know and you can't walk away.

It's just we've already been together for 2 and a half years and in the past he has wanted to move in together but obviously money was an issue when I was younger. But now that he's going to live with friends, I'm not sure if I should be waiting 3 (maybe 4 if I want to do my masters) to maybe live with him. I just wish he would give me an indication on where the future is going

I don't really know what my intention of this post was- I guess just stranger's opinions? What do you think I should do? Break up with him? See how things take their course? Have you been in the same situation? What happened?

Thanks guys

Every issue except cheating!

ReputationRep:
    I can't understand why you are even thinking of breaking up with him if things are so perfect? Obviously you know all relationships go through rocky patches so no need to be concerned there. You answer you're own question really, you should just let things pan out. Its way to early to be thinking about moving in together. See what happens, dont over think or over analyse. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Seriously? Things are going "oh so perfect" and your first solution to the two of you living half an hour apart is to break up with him?? If I didn't see this with my eyes I would never have believed this.

ReputationRep:
    Just go with the flow you'd still be able to see one another and you've been together for ages, you've nothing to break up over.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by HexBugMaster)
    Seriously? Things are going "oh so perfect" and your first solution to the two of you living half an hour apart is to break up with him?? If I didn't see this with my eyes I would never have believed this.
    An hour apart actually, I guess you won't understand because I haven't explained the full details

(Original post by purplelamp)
    Just go with the flow you'd still be able to see one another and you've been together for ages, you've nothing to break up over.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you for being kind

ReputationRep:
    I'd been with my boyfriend for 2 and a half years before going to uni 2 hours away. Now we're on 4 years.
    If you love him that much, you'll try to make it work. There's no reason to break up a good relationship - try it out. If long distance doesn't work then at least you know you tried.

You should look at this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...04204&page=694
    It's a really good thread to be a part of when you're at uni.

ReputationRep:
    Anal

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.