The Student Room Group

Nottingham GEM (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by topsibelle
I think the NHS pays tuition fees from Y5 of studying onwards, so for a 5-year course it would just be the final year... Don't quote me on that, I might be wrong!

No, you're quite right, it's just the last year. We also get the maintanence loan for the other four, but not the grant or the fees loan.

So it's just the 9 grand per year for the first four years. And food.

(Vote Green - they've just said they're going to scrap the fees!)
Reply 381
Do you think we are ranked and chosen on the waiting list based on our interview scores, GAMSAT scores, or both?

My GAMSAT was only 61.
Reply 382
Original post by ell365
Do you think we are ranked and chosen on the waiting list based on our interview scores, GAMSAT scores, or both?

My GAMSAT was only 61.

From previous year, if I recall correctly, it was GAMSAT score primarily, any ties are decided by interview score mean and further ties are decided by references.
Original post by kateamelia
There is no post for me today. Were all the people who have had letters so far early interview dates? Mine wasn't until the 31st. The suspense is killing me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

See now I reckon mine's just a really late rejection/waiting list
No post here (well, not strictly true but I figure you guys don't care too much about my credit card bill :tongue:)
Reply 385
I interviewed on 23rd, but no letter thus far. The postie hasn't even been to mine yet so not a clue where I stand.
Has anyone actually contacted the uni to ask?
Reply 387
Original post by Don'tMessThisUp
Has anyone actually contacted the uni to ask?

I doubt there'd be any point given they told us to expect replies by April 17th. So a reply now is just quite good of them and their likely response would be to wait until next week at the very least.
I was interviewd on the 23rd as well and haven't received anything yet. Not sure if it's good or bad!
Mine wasn't a rejection or an offer, wasn't a letter from uni at all!

Which further makes me think, hope... that ... maybe... offers are coming?
Original post by topsibelle
I think the NHS pays tuition fees from Y5 of studying onwards, so for a 5-year course it would just be the final year... Don't quote me on that, I might be wrong!

Thanks. I meant to ask also what kind of loan you would get from a bank. I enquired at my bank and received a straight no! It would be ideal to have a loan that you start paying back AFTER the course.
Does anyone know when UCAS Track will be updated for those of us who've already had our results?
And so begins another day of wishing I didn't have to be at work so I could pitch up by the letterbox!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jane1296
Thanks. I meant to ask also what kind of loan you would get from a bank. I enquired at my bank and received a straight no! It would be ideal to have a loan that you start paying back AFTER the course.

I've yet to find a loan that wouldn't have to be paid back until after the course, unfortunately. My bank said that if I was also working part-time (as well as being a student), then a loan would be possible. They gave me some estimates of how much I could borrow, but said it was difficult to say until I actually needed the money, as my financial situation will be different when I'm actually a student, so that wasn't particularly helpful, ha!

I have the day off before five longgggg night shifts, so I'll be keeping my eye out for the postman!
Original post by ell365

My GAMSAT was only 61.

Same here dude. Wondering how it works.
Original post by Katzyboy
Same here dude. Wondering how it works.

thought the letter said we were ranked A-C based on interview performance, then by GAMSAT score and any ties were determined by actual interview score - I can't see that they would rank the waiting list any differently...
Original post by emmalou87
thought the letter said we were ranked A-C based on interview performance, then by GAMSAT score and any ties were determined by actual interview score - I can't see that they would rank the waiting list any differently...

Fingers crossed people accept other offers!
Reply 397
Offer!!! Thought it was a rejection as the letter was in a small envelope!

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nug
Offer!!! Thought it was a rejection as the letter was in a small envelope! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hearPosted from TSR Mobile

congrats. My heart rate has now increased considerably and I may adjust my postman-waiting position from sitting just inside the front door to outside on the door step!
I've got an offer too! Via Track instead of the postman. WAS NOT PREPARED FOR THAT.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending