Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just need advice from people. I find it extremely difficult to open up about my feelings to people, especially family members. I tend to keep things to myself then when I get to bed, I act as my own 'therapist'.

I have major confidence issues but lately it's gotten worse, I have been at work this week and I have to serve customers. Whenever I'm serving customers, I tend to hide behind my hair and when they make eye contact with me, I feel as though they're probably thinking how repulsive I am. I feel everyone's constantly talking bad about me so I tend to hide from people even when I'm on the bus, I tend to sit at the back by myself as I don't have to look at people and vice versa.

Today at work an Indian woman looked at me and I felt so intimidated, like she was looking down on me and judging my appearance. Voices in my head telling me how ugly and weird I am, it was all too much for me today I ended up crying on my way home. I've been having suicidal thoughts as this 'voice' keeps telling me that I don't deserve to be alive.

I have no one to talk to, the only person I feel comfortable talking to about my feelings is myself. I use to see a psychiatrist when I was younger but I stopped, should I go back?

I'm worried I might end up listening to this 'voice' and take my own life.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like your self-esteem is rock bottom, there is help for that available if you ask for it. Also this "voice" sounds worrying, it's particularly concerning that it's telling you to hurt yourself. I think you should definitely go and talk to your GP about this - your GP can refer you to a psychiatrist for therapy or medication, both of which can make a pretty big difference in feeling better about yourself.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.