Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was just checking back on the Pizza Hut website at my job application as I sent it a week ago now. For job status it says 'Application/Referral received' but on the other job application it says 'interview process'

What does the application/referral received mean? Does that mean I'm rejected? Sorry if the answer is obvious , I'm new to applying for jobs and such as I'm 16.

Thanks for help

ReputationRep:
    Application received means that your application has been received. They haven't decided to take you on as of yet, they haven't decided to not take you on either. But it has been received.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rileystringer)
    Application received means that your application has been received. They haven't decided to take you on as of yet, they haven't decided to not take you on either. But it has been received.
    Really! OMG I'm such an idiot , the 'referral' part confused me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomePaleChick)
    Really! OMG I'm such an idiot , the 'referral' part confused me
    Someone may submit an application for the job, or someone may refer someone for the job. I.E instead if 'I would like this job because...' it would be 'I feel as though [X person] is suitable for the job'

ReputationRep:
    Someone may submit an application for the job, or someone may refer someone for the job. I.E instead if 'I would like this job because...' it would be 'I feel as though [X person] is suitable for the job'
    Yeah , I see now. My brother told me it means I got rejected but I didn't know if he was messing with me or not Brothers are cruel.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah , I see now. My brother told me it means I got rejected but I didn't know if he was messing with me or not Brothers are cruel.
    You should definitely consider taking a **** in his hand whilst he is sleeping. It is not nice to kid with you like that.

ReputationRep:
    You should definitely consider taking a **** in his hand whilst he is sleeping. It is not nice to kid with you like that.

Will do

ReputationRep:
    Will do
    make him eat it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.