Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When your girlfriend becomes quiet and unresponsive Watch

Announcements

My girlfriend is currently away working for the summer, and recently made the move to where she's studying. Due to technicalities she was unable to begin her job as scheduled, thus she is in a hotel (of which was arranged last minute by me) and so she is on her own for the time being until she is able to do her job alongside her fellow workers.

I assume she is just chilling in the hotel, texting, or on the internet as she tells me. She has little money, since I had to cover the costs of her stay (because i wanted too).

We have been texting too and fro recently quite a lot, with substantial gaps...sometimes a few hours. I find this odd since she has nothing to do, other then fill her time with internet browsing, texting etc. she tells me she seems to drop off and fall to sleep. But she never goes to bed early nowadays.

Perhaps she is going to bed early, or maybe decided to meet fellow workers?

I'm just curious and somewhat paranoid as to why as of a are she's unresponsive.

I know generally we just seem to text dirty stuff, for fun and things are spontaneous. It then gets to a point where I go off to work (which I forgot to tell her), and come back, finding lots of texts. I then reply and she may not reply until early morning next day.

What's the deal with this?

ReputationRep:
    I think you know why she's unresponsive

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This must be like your third thread in the last couple of days about your girlfriend? From what I've read your massively paranoid and don't seem to trust her in the slightest. To me it just seems like the obvious thing to ask her what she's up to and mention that you think she's being distant (even if its in your head!).

You're in an adult relationship with this girl, talk to her like an adult :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    She knows about your unhealthy addiction to TSR, and the threads you have made about her?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quite funny with my ex, I noticed a difference in her attitude and fast forward like a month and it was over. Though it wasn't long distance. And I am quite perceptive.

ReputationRep:
    Wow you need to chill.

ReputationRep:
    Means she's gagging for the D.

ReputationRep:
    She found a new guy to lay that pipe?

ReputationRep:
    Trust your gut instinct with this stuff. I rarely get emotionally attached so if I felt that she was genuinely losing interest I'd just tell her outright 'if you're feeling different then tell me. We can end it'. Life is too short to get strung up on the smallest things people do or don't do and if you have doubts before she goes off for a long time then it will only get worse. It'll probably snap her out of whatever she's thinking. If not, move on and be happy with someone else.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her instead of making so many threads about this.

(Original post by addylad)
    She knows about your unhealthy addiction to TSR, and the threads you have made about her?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No she doesn't, and I'd rather it be kept that way, it serves no purpose other than to upset her. I wouldn't say it was particularly unhealthy, there aren't that many threads about her.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.