Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Live your life as there is no tomorrow Watch

ReputationRep:
    who else agrees with me on this?

Awful advice. If you'd thought about it you'd know why.

ReputationRep:
      No can do, if I did that I would currently have no house to live in, terrible grades and parents who dislike me :laugh:

ReputationRep:
      No.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MidnightDream)
      No can do, if I did that I would currently have no house to live in, terrible grades and parents who dislike me :laugh:

I had good grades and I'm on my way to complete a MBBS but my parents still dislike me am I screwed? :cry:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Marky Mark)
      I had good grades and I'm on my way to complete a MBBS but my parents still dislike me am I screwed? :cry:
      No dear of course not :console:
      • Reporter Team
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      I think there has to be a balance. Obviously if there wasn't going to be a tomorrow, we'd all be spending all the money we have on something really frivolous... and then when tomorrow comes we'd all be bankrupt!
      On the flip side, I think we should try and make the most of each day in a sensible way. Don't waste time doing nothing if there are things you should be getting on with, or other things you'd rather be doing.

Generally speaking, tell the people you love that you love them, because you never know if you'll get another chance.
      Don't hesitate to do things that you want to do, if it is only fear holding you back.
      Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today.

Other than that, there's nothing wrong with being careful with money and so on, because touch wood we WILL have tomorrows, but obviously you never know. It does have to be, as I say, a balance.

ReputationRep:
      i agree to some extent, obviously you need to plan for a future (savings, education, etc) but i think sometimes people need to kind of wake up and realise that today is their life. i think it's soo easy to adopt the idea that there is a pinnacle moment in a vague future where you'll sit back and think "i've done it, i'm now happy" that you just need to wait for which isn't the case.

i've felt so ill today that i've sat in my room in my pjs all day and night on a saturday and you know what, it's still been a good day

ReputationRep:
      I half agree.

Sitting at home revising 24/7 for a better future is not a good idea. If you spend all your life working for a better future, you're going to be having a sucky present. So you should focus on having fun/enjoying life but not so much that it damages your future.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by TroyAndAbed)
      I half agree.

Sitting at home revising 24/7 for a better future is not a good idea. If you spend all your life working for a better future, you're going to be having a sucky present. So you should focus on having fun/enjoying life but not so much that it damages your future.
      Excellent post.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.