Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone at TSR,

I left school with no GCSE's at all, except for a B in English Language and Literature. I worked my ass off at sixth form, and got D*D*D* in Business, at BTEC level. After leaving college I was lucky enough to join a firm and get up to a Junior Executive by early 19's with no degree or other higher qualifications usually required by such positions. Truly a story of an underdog. Now I am at a halt, I need a degree, in business preferably, if I want to progress into a senior role.

I don't want to wait until I'm in my 24-25's and do a tailored Executive MBA because I am able to afford to leave the company for three years and experience the lionized and revered student life at University still, at a fairly young age. And, of course make long lasting business connections through networking.

On the side I run a small consultancy firm with a friend on debt management for people who can't get help anywhere else for a very small fee. Almost free some would make out for you to believe.

I looked at their prospectus, and entry requirements but I can't seem to find any mention on what GCSE's they want, but I heard they are very apprehensive when it comes to GCSE's and BTEC's. At the moment for some reason I can't contact the admissions so I thought I'd ask here.

Would my experience and expertise make any difference or is it useless to even consider applying? I am also considering York, Holloway and Durham but I heard they are very similar with entry standards.

So, what advice would you give me?

Best Wishes,

HaltHalf93.

ReputationRep:
    I would strongly recommend you email their admissions department with your query. They are likely to give you a much more informed and precise answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    I would strongly recommend you email their admissions department with your query. They are likely to give you a much more informed and precise answer.
    Hi Abdul-Karim,

I did e-mail them, several times to be exact. Several months ago, and still have no answer.

Well I did, stating they are extremely busy and cannot reply at due time.

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaltHalf93)
    Hi Abdul-Karim,

I did e-mail them, several times to be exact. Several months ago, and still have no answer.

Well I did, stating they are extremely busy and cannot reply at due time.

Cheers.
    This is why you ring them directly.

The relevant numbers should be on the website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toki_Premium)
    This is why you ring them directly.

The relevant numbers should be on the website.
    Hi Toki_Premium,

I have tried trust me, but they never seem to be able to answer and I am left stuck on hold for half an hour. This is why I said I am asking for opinion/advice here instead of admissions, as I presume this sub-forum is full of people who have experience with LSE and will be able to give me a good general idea about the school.

Cheers.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.