Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it a turn off if women like football and cheer like a dude? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I was watching the Costa vs Netherlands match and my brother's girlfriend, who is supposedly a football nut, was acting really crazy and shouting and cheering like she was on ecstasy. My dad and I were in shock and my brother was no doubt embarrassed by her behaviour.

What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    She sounds like me, who cares if it's a turn off, let her cheer or scream as she please.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, would love a girl who loves football as much as I do :P
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Why on Earth would you care, especially if you are doing it/or have done that before? Obviously there is a 'limit' but she should be able to cheer of she likes...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any overly nuts sports fan is irritating imo.

ReputationRep:
    FIne if she knows the offside rule.

ReputationRep:
    What is with all these 'Is it a turn off if...' or 'Would you date a girl who ....' threads at the moment, they're getting more and more ridiculous, she can do what she wants, I'd say its a turn on if she likes football :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    who cares?

ReputationRep:
    No.

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scotttb)
    FIne if she knows the offside rule.
    I'm sure she does she's more of a fan than my brother tbh. She's a proper lunatic. Running around and screaming like she's being attacked. :lol:

(Original post by karmacrunch)
    Why on Earth would you care, especially if you are doing it/or have done that before? Obviously there is a 'limit' but she should be able to cheer of she likes...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well some girls do it to get attention. I don't know it seems like an edgy thing to act like a dude nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    of course its a good thing

when her team turns around and win, she gets high, u know whats coming

ReputationRep:
    My ex loved football. Wasn't really something that was good or bad tbh.

Well I say she loved it but she'd still normally prefer some reality TV program over a match. Females eh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GnomeMage)
    of course its a good thing

when her team turns around and win, she gets high, u know whats coming

Let me guess you're a virgin? :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marky Mark)
    Let me guess you're a virgin? :giggle:
    no why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GnomeMage)
    no why

My senses were tingling. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marky Mark)
    My senses were tingling. :lol:
    is that funny?

ok i laughed

hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Aslong as they don't aplaud every throw in.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't really bother me. But I don't really like watching football, so it'd be a turn-off if she expected me to join in/spent all her time on it.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say so, (dare I say, the opposite )but as long as certain pre-requisites were met:

1. She doesn't support Manchester United, Everton, Manchester City, Chelsea or Tottenham.
    2. She either has a sound knowledge of the game, or a willingness to learn.
    3. She is prepared to like both footballs (no double entendre), and lets me watch NFL when it is in season. Similar pre-requisites apply, but she must definitely not be a Patriots fan, Chiefs fan, Chargers fan nor a Raiders fan. If she roots for the Saints, Seahawks or 49ers, I would have to consider that borderline.

ReputationRep:
    No, not at all.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.