Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What to do with photos after break up?! Watch

I had taken lots of pictures with my then-GF. After our break up (coz she cheated), I transferred all pics to my hard drive, deleted from my phone and have never looked at them since.
    A year later, I'm now with a new GF and she knows I still have pics of my ex on my hard drive.

I don't know what to do with them?!

1.) Should I just delete them, coz that relationship is all gone now?

2.) Should I keep them, coz that was part of my life and I could look at them one day?

3.) should I keep them, coz it's not taking much space?!

It's slightly bothering me all of a sudden these days! Any help? :confused::confused:

Print them and have a ceremony to burn them all

but on the D/L store them in system32

ReputationRep:
      Keep them.

No.2 basically

ReputationRep:
      I'll buy them

ReputationRep:
      I move all the filthy ones to my **** bank. I keep the rest too I don't really care rofl.

ReputationRep:
      I'd say delete them. Nothing good can come from keeping them.

ReputationRep:
      Delete is there any point in keeping them? Why would you want to view them again later on in your life?

ReputationRep:
      Some people find expunging all trace of their exes cathartic, and 'letting go' to be an essential part of the moving on process.

Personally, I don't. I keep the pictures for the future, when I may want to look back on them and feel differently about things. Like it or not, our relationships form a large part of our lives, and I would hate to get to the end of my life, and find that I've deleted most of my past.

ReputationRep:
      Go with your instincts. I would always go for No. 2. But No. 1 is probably the more sensible bet..

ReputationRep:
      Personally, I think you should delete them. What good will it be if you keep them? Also, keeping them could possibly ruin your new relationships i.e. Due to jealousy. Just ask yourself, how would you feel if your current girlfriend had pictures of her ex still on her laptop? If you really do not want to delete it, then don't

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks guys - i've decided to keep them, at least for now
      • Community Assistant
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      BUUUUUURN THEEEEEM!

:mwuaha:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Nooooo don't delete them. Keep them so you can look back on the good memories of her when you turn into a dirty old man.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      I would say delete them, not really sure of the benefit of keeping them personally

ReputationRep:
      Vooodoooooo

I have to say, it depends how long were you together, and how recent the break up was. If you're sure that its time to move on, and its holding you back having them then delete them but if you feel you like having some nostalgia on looking back then keep them but keep them hidden in a folder within a folder on the hard drive to avoid the chance of you wanting to have a sneaky peak. For me I like to look back on happy times, but also its nice to see how much I've changed too from the times I dated, or did things not necessarily missing the ex or the times we had. Now, go make new memories and photo albums with the current girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
        My emails [email protected] feel free to.....

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2014
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.