Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Sooo I've had 5 weeks work experience at a community pharmacy and kind of enjoyed the relaxed environment and the work doesn't seem too bad, just a bit repetitive. I got 1 a*, 6 a's and 3 b's at GCSE, my only worry is my Maths at grade B which prevents me from going to Birm or Nott and I also feel like maths will be a struggle for me in uni and a setback as I don't do it for a levels (Biology, Geography P&R and Chemistry A levels hopefully to be predicted AAAB in that order btw). I LOVE biology, chemistry is alright and I definitely want an interesting healthcare position in the future, just want some opinions on whether Pharmacy sounds right for me y'know. Anyway thanks...

ReputationRep:
    Might as well

ReputationRep:
    I also got a B in GCSE maths and stats too and didn't take it at as level however I'm still going to go for Pharm! They only require Chemistry and Biology/Maths/.. but annoying how I can't apply to Birmingham or Notts. I read that the Maths in MPharm is manageable however a friend of mine at Bath (who took A level maths) told me she struggled! However I wasn't expecting to find everything easy at uni so oh well

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.