Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

River Island; I think I stupidly cocked up the interview, What do you reckon? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I had a group interview on Friday for a sales assistant position and it seemed to be going swimmingly. I was more relaxed than I thought I would be and other than a few hitches I think I stood out quite well.

Then came the one to one interview session and it was going better than planned as the interviewer seemed sweet and we kind of hit it off. :cool:But then came the question so what do you know about River Island? For some reason even though I did do my background research about the company I just had a mind blank so couldn't answer the question. :confused: I left kicking myself in frustration as that my well prove to be my downfall. The only positive sign was that as I left the interviewer gave me a high five but maybe I am reading to much into that.

Now I am just wondering how long do I have to wait to get a response and put me out of my misery

ReputationRep:
    I said in an interview once that I sometimes wet my pants on nights out.

I still got the job.

The fact that the interviewer gave you a high five is a pretty good indicator that you did okay. Everyone can make mistakes an interviews and they probably realised that your mind just went blank. Not a problem.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.