Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dad wants me to drink beyer with him but I only like sider? watch

ReputationRep:
    My dad sometimes wants me to drink beyer with him, but I only like sider?

I suggested to him that I could just drink sider, but he usually likes to share his bottle with me, and he only likes beyer (he doesn't drink that much).

What can I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nohomo)

I suggested to him that I could just drink sider, but he usually likes to share his bottle with me, and he only likes beyer (he doesn't drink that much).

What can I do?
    This is the definition of a first world problem.

You could start by not spelling beer as 'beyer' and 'cider' as sider.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nohomo)

What can I do?
    I'm fairly sure that even in British English phonology, beyer would not be read the way you're suggesting. I think I'd likely read it as rhyming with layer, but the linguist in me reads it as rhyming with wire. It threw me off completely and had me wondering whether you were a Dane mistranslating bajer.

For that reason (and not just that reason): 0/10.

ReputationRep:
    LOL

I seriously hope you are a troll and spelt like that! Or else, the education system failed you

It's "beer" and "cider"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.