Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would volunteering for the Brownies look good on a CV/ personal statement ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

My local brownie group that's literally a 2 min walk from my house are in need of people to help out on Monday evening. I am thinking that this might be a good thing for me to do as I'm interested in teaching in the future and also I would like to try and add more content to my CV, so that I can apply for jobs starting in September. I'm currently 16 at the moment and will be starting sixth form this year.

Anyone have any advice ?
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MATHSPOW!!)
    Hi there,

My local brownie group that's literally a 2 min walk from my house are in need of people to help out on Monday evening. I am thinking that this might be a good thing for me to do as I'm interested in teaching in the future and also I would like to try and add more content to my CV, so that I can apply for jobs starting in September. I'm currently 16 at the moment and will be starting sixth form this year.

Anyone have any advice ?
    Go and ask them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by threeportdrift)
    Go and ask them.
    I don't really want them thinking I'm helping out purely to boost my cv though !!

ReputationRep:
    As long as you can relate the skills you've learnt and the experiences you've had to whatever course you're applying for rather than just telling them you've volunteered and not explaining any further, then yes it is useful.

ReputationRep:
    Any work related experience will benefit your CV, especially given that you're 16.

You'll be developing competencies such as customer interaction, time management, commitment etc.. which are essential skills employers look for.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.