Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

So I am an Inter. Student. My undergrad is ok, but my msc here in Uk will probably not be higher than 3rd. I am not really sure how important this is when applying for a job? I mean my co-students said its ok, as long as youll pass, nobody cares for your msc grades. So I just got a bit lazy I guess. Now I am a bit concerned.:eek:. What if they do? Well i still have one more year to go and I guess I could step up my game. But how is it with msc and employment? and i guess i can also wave goodbye to phd :banghead:. I am a true master when it comes to fuc*** up my life.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by millenium25)
    So I am an Inter. Student. My undergrad is ok, but my msc here in Uk will probably not be higher than 3rd.
    MSc's aren't usually graded 1st to 3rd, so it's not clear what you are talking about. Usually you either pass a Masters degree or you fail it. Then Universities have their own individual ways of marking out excellent passes with either Merit, Distinction of both bands. Unless you are going on to apply for a PhD (which you probably won't be unless you are getting about 67% average), then you either pass or you don't.

ReputationRep:
    So basicall you just got a pass rather than a distinction or merit?

That's a PhD out the window but it might not matter too much for employment.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.