Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How many of you have played this gay, or are still playing now?

What made you quit? What's making you stay?

How many level 90s do you have? Will you say sell your account, and how much do you think it's worth?

What's your most fondest moment?

I've got well over 10 level 90s ... The new expansion has made it so easy to level all of a sudden - but I did have many level 80s from before.

My fondest moment is probably dinging level 60 back in Vanilla, but also making my first 100k

I'm seriously into pvp now: I've got 2 dedicated level 90s, a mage and warrior, just for pvp.

I've also got 4 level 15 twinks, for the laughs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgy Git)

How many level 90s do you have? Will you say sell your account, and how much do you think it's worth?

I've got well over 10 level 90s ... The new expansion has made it so easy to level all of a sudden - but I did have many level 80s from before.

My fondest moment is probably dinging level 60 back in Vanilla, but also making my first 100k

I'm seriously into pvp now: I've got 2 dedicated level 90s, a mage and warrior, just for pvp.

I played it quite a while ago.

I had a few 90's and no idea how much my account is worth.

I stopped playing because I just got bored of it pretty much and it's too addictive and time consuming.

Fondest moment was doing [For The Alliance] with about 200 people storming all the Horde capitols!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I've been meaning to finally try WoW for years. It seems as though it would be right up my street but then another game comes out and I end up playing that for months instead. I will get around to giving it a go eventually.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OllieDS)
    I played it quite a while ago.

I had a few 90's and no idea how much my account is worth.

I stopped playing because I just got bored of it pretty much and it's too addictive and time consuming.

Fondest moment was doing [For The Alliance] with about 200 people storming all the Horde capitols!

I've done it, but not with as much people ... sounds fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmin25)
    I've been meaning to finally try WoW for years. It seems as though it would be right up my street but then another game comes out and I end up playing that for months instead. I will get around to giving it a go eventually.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you ever get round to playing it let me know, I could offer you a Recruit a Friend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OllieDS)
    I'm starting University in September so that would probably be a terrible idea lol. Far too addictive.
    WOOOPS sorry that was for the girl TSR user :P

Surprisingly I spent most my days on Uni work and limited myself to weekends to play ... you can control how much you play of it.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you ever come round to play, let me know so then I can help you with the roots

ReputationRep:

I played from late TBC until the end of WOTLK.
    Didn't play Cata at all.
    Played start of MoP, levelled to 90 then quit because I was bored.

Started playing properly around 3 months ago and I'm actually really enjoying the game again atm.

I only play one character.
    Always have, and always will be a Paladin.
    Currently running Flex raids and starting on Normal modes soon.

I'd never sell my account. It wouldn't be worth much anyway.
    Back in WOTLK I definitely could have got up to £200 for it I think.

Tbh I think my best moments are probably the randoms times I spent with guildies just generally pissing about.
    Ulduar was also pretty awesome doing that with my guild.

I'll never forget the moment though when I left Dun Morogh for the first time and ventured into Loch Modan... Checked my map, and just kinda thought to myself "Oh my god. This game is actually huge."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir Killalot)
    "Oh my god. This game is actually huge."

It really is. Thank god for flight paths, boats and mage portals

Elder Scrolls Online is massive too .. if it's any better than WoW, I'll end up selling my account which is worth possibly over £1000

ReputationRep:
    Played it for seven years of my life(the last two on and off) at one point my brother and I were both members of Europes foremost Raiding Guild as Main Tank and Healer respectively, I was one of the first ten people in EU to get "The Insane" title when it was still hard to get and had more server first's under my belt than I cared to count.}

I also got a 2144 2v2 rating with a Prot Pali/Boomkin team when both specs were pretty much unplayable.

Eventually I just go bored, Achievement hunting didn't do it for me so I quit, haven't really looked back or seriously played any other MMORPG since.

ReputationRep:
    I played it on and off for a while, started in May 2010 and played for about 3 months solid until a month before Cata launched. Played in Cata until the nerf to Firelands and then from there I pretty much quit playing.

I quit because the guild I played with during Cata, split up and I played with a few guilds after that but it just wasn't as fun. Plus, the nerf to content so soon made me want to quit, because it became evident that they were tailoring this game to noobs more and more. I came back for about a month when MoP launched, I felt it was decent like the beginning of expansions usually are but it just lost its luster for me. Classes felt very unbalanced, tanks out dpsing DPS, PvP was getting worse and I didn't find a raiding guild that matched what I wanted, they were either TOO casual or TOO hardcore, when I played with my old guilds we managed to do well on content (cleared BwD, BoT, Al Akir in Cata pre-nerf and did some HCs) because we had good players but we did this playing pretty casually raiding once or twice a week.

I probably played MoP for 2 months overall, the dailies were insanely boring and LFR was filled with the worst players ever. In terms of raids/leveling, it's a good expansion. Everything else? Not for me. I only had one max level character, a Rogue on Outland EU Alliance. I would sell my account but I can't really be bothered to go through the hassle of finding places to sell it.

Fondest moment would have to be:

From a raiding point of view - Killing Chogall/Nefarian, equally as satisfying. We had been trying pretty hard to kill them in 10 man and the thing was, they were really enjoyable fights. We had a good time and got things done.

Generally? I would say raiding ICC 25 man with my first guild. I wasn't very good, didn't have huge boss knowledge but we had a great time doing those runs. So many cool fights, loved ICC.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'll be honest, this is probably the WORST time to start playing WoW. The beginning of every expansion is usually the best but then it falls off QUICKLY. Due to the declining playerbase of WoW, it's safe to say you missed the glory days many moons ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomgeeza)

I'll be honest, this is probably the WORST time to start playing WoW. The beginning of every expansion is usually the best but then it falls off QUICKLY. Due to the declining playerbase of WoW, it's safe to say you missed the glory days many moons ago.
    Will be worth it with WoD

ReputationRep:
    Will be worth it with WoD
    Yeah probably, but the leveling experience for new players is awful in WoW imo it almost put me and a friend off it when we first started triple xp'ing back in 2010. I found Guild Wars/SWTOR and the brief time I played Wildstar to be way more engaging and a little less (a lot in GW2's case) grindy. SWTOR was grindy but the awesome storyline made up for it, Wildstar is too but the missions are far more engaging, GW2 has a beautiful world you get to explore and the leveling is pretty quick I found, although the story was very childish/corny.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah probably, but the leveling experience for new players is awful in WoW imo it almost put me and a friend off it when we first started triple xp'ing back in 2010. I found Guild Wars/SWTOR and the brief time I played Wildstar to be way more engaging and a little less (a lot in GW2's case) grindy. SWTOR was grindy but the awesome storyline made up for it, Wildstar is too but the missions are far more engaging, GW2 has a beautiful world you get to explore and the leveling is pretty quick I found, although the story was very childish/corny.

Why is levelling so bad for new players now? .... It's pish ... all you need is a friend who plays already with a level 90 ... then he sends a friend request with 3x exp, and the guy will have a level 85 by the end of the week.

ReputationRep:
    Why is levelling so bad for new players now? .... It's pish ... all you need is a friend who plays already with a level 90 ... then he sends a friend request with 3x exp, and the guy will have a level 85 by the end of the week.
    He sends a friend request but don't both accounts have to level together? It could be quick if they level with a friend who knows the game, I'm saying if they level on their own. The leveling experience is actually pretty awful compared to other games, I feel as though it should be a cool aspect of a game like it was in SWTOR/GW2 for e.g.

ReputationRep:
    He sends a friend request but don't both accounts have to level together? It could be quick if they level with a friend who knows the game, I'm saying if they level on their own. The leveling experience is actually pretty awful compared to other games, I feel as though it should be a cool aspect of a game like it was in SWTOR/GW2 for e.g.
    Yeah they level together, otherwise you can't get the x3 boost ... But a guy who has a level 90 can send the request to his/her friend and they can start new characters and level together.

I played GW too, I found it sooooo boring.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they level together, otherwise you can't get the x3 boost ... But a guy who has a level 90 can send the request to his/her friend and they can start new characters and level together.

I played GW too, I found it sooooo boring.
    Yeah yeah, thought so. I leveled triple xp when I first started WoW for my first max level toon.

I would definitely recommend giving SWTOR a try but the game has been dying like 2 months after launch. Probably the best leveling experience from a purely story point of view.

Really? Why did you not like GW2? I found the story pretty cheesy, I feel as though they really messed up that side of the game but the cinematics, interaction and everything else that affected the game play from the story was decent imo.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.