The Student Room Group

Why do people hate immigrants?

Hi everyone I'm an Indian student who's been living in the UK for 6 years and I have seen racism unprovoked racism against Indians and other minorities here in the UK ,I'd like to know why do some people hate immigrants?

In my opinion most people get angry towards the immigrants or non-white people who they think are responsible for the above being done, they don't bother to ask themselves who is letting it happen, who is opening the floodgates and why.

One thing most English people do not understand about the whole immigration and visa system in the UK is that it is one hell of a money maker for the Government and thus provides a ton of jobs. Most of you guys wouldn't know that as you probably never dealt with trying to get your family to visit from India, Pakistan or married someone from abroad etc... The Visa fees are very high, if you marry a girl in say India and want to bring her back to the UK, she now has to pass a IELTS test again which is expensive (money goes to British Embassy), then the spouse visa is around at least £800-£1k (increases in price each year pretty much). Then once the girl is in the UK, you pay more for further tests and then more for indefinite leave to remain and then finally some more to become a naturalised and then a British Citizen. All of this is one very big business and it isn't going to go away soon because there's just too much money involved. So my theory is the British Government let in a certain amount of people each year to give hope to those who apply for visas so they spend their cash on the visas, if the Government stopped all immigration those people applying for visas would stop and this cash cow would come to a halt. It doesn't make it right but where there is greed, morals and values go out the window.

All of this is a product of your own people and no one else is to blame.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The way they were brought up and/or they feel threatened.
Oh and you're not exactly liberal yourself based on your views on family life, sort it out love :rolleyes:
Original post by Minju
Hi everyone I'm an Indian student who's been living in the UK for 6 years and I have seen racism unprovoked racism against Indians and other minorities here in the UK ,I'd like to know why do some people hate immigrants?

In my opinion most people get angry towards the immigrants or non-white people who they think are responsible for the above being done, they don't bother to ask themselves who is letting it happen, who is opening the floodgates and why.

One thing most English people do not understand about the whole immigration and visa system in the UK is that it is one hell of a money maker for the Government and thus provides a ton of jobs. Most of you guys wouldn't know that as you probably never dealt with trying to get your family to visit from India, Pakistan or married someone from abroad etc... The Visa fees are very high, if you marry a girl in say India and want to bring her back to the UK, she now has to pass a IELTS test again which is expensive (money goes to British Embassy), then the spouse visa is around at least £800-£1k (increases in price each year pretty much). Then once the girl is in the UK, you pay more for further tests and then more for indefinite leave to remain and then finally some more to become a naturalised and then a British Citizen. All of this is one very big business and it isn't going to go away soon because there's just too much money involved. So my theory is the British Government let in a certain amount of people each year to give hope to those who apply for visas so they spend their cash on the visas, if the Government stopped all immigration those people applying for visas would stop and this cash cow would come to a halt. It doesn't make it right but where there is greed, morals and values go out the window.

English Families

You guys also need to sort out your way of family life. Immigrants and non-whites haven't forced your women to date non-whites, they haven't forced them to open their legs every weekend, they haven't forced them to dress like whores from a young age, they haven't forced them spend their weekly earnings in 2 nights of the week. The problem is the more 'modern' you are pretty much equates to wearing less and less clothes and sleeping with x number of partners however way you look at it. Look how family life was back in this country 60 or more years ago and now look at it, it's in complete shambles. Teenage pregnancies across the board, abortions, bastard children, I could go on and on. Non-whites haven't forced your women to be this way. Just look at the ever lowering birth rate in this country, the number of marriages being broken, the number of people deciding not to have any children. All of this is a product of your own people and no one else is to blame. You do not encourage a healthy family lifestyle, decent morals or values.

Probably because you have the cheek to come over here and say things like this tbh!
The Media

People dont like change (Stewie)

Jealousy

Narrow mindedness

thy tek oewrrr jowbs
Because they are constantly vilified by the right wing media and politicians.
The simple answer is that most people don't hate immigrants, but a lot of them resent mass immigration.

BTW: Crudely stereotyping and insulting English people isn't exactly going to inspire their sympathy.
Reply 7
Are we on white genocide yet? :rolleyes:
Original post by Minju
But there is nothing wrong with saying the truth....

What you've written, however, is not a universal truth...
If you can't take criticism, don't insult other people.
Reply 10
Only "Jeremy Kyle" people hate immigrants. Then there are the Muslims who get vilified by media.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The post you made would have been okay if you hadn't started spewing nonsense about family life. People need to realise that life is probably a lot better now than it was 60 years ago, think about all the racism, sexism etc that was happening 60 years ago. What's wrong with people having more freedom, if they want to have sex all the time, dress like 'whores', spend all their money on the weekend - then they can, they have the freedom to do so and you have no right to tell them they can't. If you go around telling people that then I'm pretty sure people won't like you, not because you're an immigrant but because you're judgemental and patronising.

But to address your actual question, I'd say some people hate immigrants because immigrants are different, there are a lot of xenophobes out there that don't mind western immigration but don't like immigration of people who don't look like them, talk like them etc because it threatens their close-minded existence. Some people also hate immigrants because they treat immigrants as a scapegoat, in times of trouble people always look for someone to blame all their problems on. I feel like as the economy has worsened, hostility towards immigrants has increased, a lot of people see a minority of immigrants who have nice houses, nice cars or just look like they have nice lives and then feel angry at the fact that someone they view lowly has managed to obtain a better life than them, they obviously believe that being white British guarantees you everything in life even if you don't work for it so when an immigrant (who is non-white) works hard and actually gets somewhere they suffer from resentment. Even if the immigrant works low-income jobs and generally doesn't have an enviable life, some white British still resent these immigrants as they feel like they are 'taking their jobs' even if they jobs they are taking are jobs they would never apply for.

I think these are the main reasons some people hate immigrants. Obviously there are people who have genuine concerns about immigration and don't neccessarily hate immigrants but that's another topic.
(edited 9 years ago)
Most people don't hate immigrants.

They hate the free market capitalist policy of mass immigration, which means that hundreds of thousands of units of cheap labour are intentionally flooded into the economy, forcing working people to compete dog eat dog for wages and resources, and all so the rich can become richer.

But, saying that. I can see why some white people people don't like immigrants if the immigrant who started this thread is anything to go by.
Original post by Minju
But there is nothing wrong with saying the truth....

The truth is, some immigrant groups have been a benefit to the country, and others have not. Others are massive burdens on society, both in terms of crime rates, unemployment and their dependency on the state.

Unfortunately, immigrants get lumped into a single group. But, this is all part of the divide and rule game being played by the media.
It's an obvious troll.
This is so true OP :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Cornelius
It's an obvious troll.

lol Where do you see me trolling?

Original post by chukster97
This is so true OP :smile:

Of course it is :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by imtelling
The truth is, some immigrant groups have been a benefit to the country, and others have not. Others are massive burdens on society, both in terms of crime rates, unemployment and their dependency on the state.

Unfortunately, immigrants get lumped into a single group. But, this is all part of the divide and rule game being played by the media.

But what about the native white Brits on benefits?
(edited 9 years ago)
Some People dont like foreigners i guess
They can't handle the spice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending