Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How cheated would something such as this make you feel? Watch

ReputationRep:
    You got top grades in everything when you left school, and you ended up getting a master's degree in studies at university, only for you to end up with a very low pay job in wiping very elderly people's bums? Would you feel like you are being spat at and wonder why you even bothered working towards such high qualifications?

Wel, obviously.

ReputationRep:
      id still blame myself.
      why would employers NOT want the best candidate?

ReputationRep:
      Probz to begin with, but there's always the possibility of finding another job.

ReputationRep:
      Well I wouldn't let it lie.

I worked for them qualifications, I put the effort and the money into it. Fight for your place to work, and if there's nothing nearby, move away, move country!

ReputationRep:
      Even if you get a first?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Yes, I would. But if you have the qualifications you claim you have, I see no reason why you couldn't apply for a far more enjoyable job with far better pay? It's not like anyone's forcing you to stay in the job you're doing.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Ruthless Dutchman)
      Well I wouldn't let it lie.

I worked for them qualifications, I put the effort and the money into it. Fight for your place to work, and if there's nothing nearby, move away, move country!
      Emigrating seems a bit drastic, don't you think? :eek:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by pinkteddyx64)
      Emigrating seems a bit drastic, don't you think? :eek:
      Not really, if the country isn't giving me the opportunities for me to show my full potential, I'd move.

Although currently I'm still in University and hopefully have one year left, early days I know I wouldn't have the best job but I'll work to the top.

ReputationRep:
      Depends what that degree is in and what as well as where that Masters is from, some places you throw a stone most likely it will hit someone with a Masters.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Ruthless Dutchman)
      Not really, if the country isn't giving me the opportunities for me to show my full potential, I'd move.

Although currently I'm still in University and hopefully have one year left, early days I know I wouldn't have the best job but I'll work to the top.
      It's just that I would consider moving to another part of the UK first before emigrating.

ReputationRep:
      Depends what the degree is and where I got it from tbh

ReputationRep:
      Nope, I'd shoot myself before applying for a job cleaning up after old people

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by alexschmalex)
      Nope, I'd shoot myself before applying for a job cleaning up after old people
      Agreed.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.