Prior knowledge Edexcel Statistics (S1) AS Level

Watch
MathsMeister
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
It would be greatly appreciated if somebody could tell me the prior knowledge that's needed for S1. The only statistics I've done is from my maths GCSE which is very little. I have a large statistics green book for edexcel GCSE statistics and mymaths. Should I learn it all from there before starting?
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The only prior knowledge of statistics required for S1 study is the statistics and probability that you learn in a regular maths gcse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
cerlohee
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The only prior knowledge you'll need is the edexcel higher maths syllabus. S1 isn't too difficult, so you don't really need to learn it before starting. But if you want to be ahead of the class, then go ahead. You'll probably find the lessons a drag if you do this, though.

Oh and btw I've looked at the Statistics GCSE syllabus and there's not that much overlap with S1. If you want to be ahead, you'd be better off using an S1 textbook to avoid "pointless" learning.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (8)
13.79%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (11)
18.97%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (27)
46.55%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (9)
15.52%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (3)
5.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed