Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im seeing quite a few people suggesting curzon gateway over JC, why is that? Also how do i cancel my accommodation application, that is if it can even be done. Having 2nd thoughts about putting JC as my 1st choice, thinking that curzon gateway would be far from the campus I'm studying at when it's actually really close #oops lol. I will be over at Parkside doing Media & Communications. Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There isn't a great deal of distance between the 2 accommodations really and both are situated very close to parkside

It depends on what you are looking for from your accommodation really as to which would be the right choice. If it's simply distance to campus then either will be fine. The main selling point for both properties is the location to both Aston and BCU university and the fact they are a 10 minute walk from city centre.

As for which one of the two is more appealing to the eye I wouldn't say that there is a great deal of difference. I know that Jennens have double beds whereas curzon have 3 quarter beds.

Anyway, if there is anything else you want to know feel free to private message me. Not lived at either of the accommodations but have been to both many many times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzaHinton93)
    There isn't a great deal of distance between the 2 accommodations really and both are situated very close to parkside

It depends on what you are looking for from your accommodation really as to which would be the right choice. If it's simply distance to campus then either will be fine. The main selling point for both properties is the location to both Aston and BCU university and the fact they are a 10 minute walk from city centre.

As for which one of the two is more appealing to the eye I wouldn't say that there is a great deal of difference. I know that Jennens have double beds whereas curzon have 3 quarter beds.

Anyway, if there is anything else you want to know feel free to private message me. Not lived at either of the accommodations but have been to both many many times.
    Yeah, I didn't know before that the distance between both accommodations and Parkside campus wasn't that different lol. I just wanted to know which accommodation was better value for money as I've seen quite a few people say not to stay over at Jennen's Court and to be honest when I saw it on the open day it was quite cramped and it felt slightly claustrophobic =/. But I didn't get a chance to see Curzon gateway so I can't compare.

They both look nice in the virtual tours online and the videos on the BCU YouTube channel lol....just the cramping in JC was a bit worrying for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hwalusimo1)
    Yeah, I didn't know before that the distance between both accommodations and Parkside campus wasn't that different lol. I just wanted to know which accommodation was better value for money as I've seen quite a few people say not to stay over at Jennen's Court and to be honest when I saw it on the open day it was quite cramped and it felt slightly claustrophobic =/. But I didn't get a chance to see Curzon gateway so I can't compare.

They both look nice in the virtual tours online and the videos on the BCU YouTube channel lol....just the cramping in JC was a bit worrying for me.
    I'm of the belief that both are overpriced for what they are, the price of the rooms a week are about £10-£20 a week more than alternatives due to their locations (even though there are other accommodation about 5-10 minutes walk away.)

Jennens court is slightly cramped due to the double bed and the desk is a bit smaller. If I had to choose one or the other it would be Curzon as it is a bit more spacious and it also has a common room. Apart from those two things there isn't a great deal to choose between the two but if the space in the room is an issue I'd go for Curzon.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i managed to change my 1st choice to CG. Is their any way of viewing the accommodation beforehand though? And thanks for your help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hwalusimo1)
    Yeah, i managed to change my 1st choice to CG. Is their any way of viewing the accommodation beforehand though? And thanks for your help

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Give them a call on 0800 121 7387 and they should be able to book a viewing for you.

And no worries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzaHinton93)
    Give them a call on 0800 121 7387 and they should be able to book a viewing for you.

And no worries
    Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.