Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    who's doing A2 french AQA just interested in sharing or recieving study tips to get a good grade next year

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished A2 AQA French - I studied Moliere's L'Avare and WW2 in France
    For the exam I found the essay the hardest bit, my advice is to do a lot of past questions and try and perfect them so you have enough to say in the exam, I did about 6 and in the exam I found it quite easy
    Learn vocabulary!!
    For the speaking exam, meet up with people in your class and do a bit of speaking at least once a week, it really helps improve fluency and you can learn new ideas to use in the exam
    If you have any questions I'm happy to answer them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pseudonymegg)
    I've just finished A2 AQA French - I studied Moliere's L'Avare and WW2 in France
    For the exam I found the essay the hardest bit, my advice is to do a lot of past questions and try and perfect them so you have enough to say in the exam, I did about 6 and in the exam I found it quite easy
    Learn vocabulary!!
    For the speaking exam, meet up with people in your class and do a bit of speaking at least once a week, it really helps improve fluency and you can learn new ideas to use in the exam
    If you have any questions I'm happy to answer them
    Hello! I'm doing it next year too, just wondering how you found the WW2 stuff? We're reading Le Silence de la Mer and it's a bit dull...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightningdoritos)
    Hello! I'm doing it next year too, just wondering how you found the WW2 stuff? We're reading Le Silence de la Mer and it's a bit dull...
    Ahh I found it a bit of a slog, it's like GCSE history in French so it's quite challenging, luckily you only have to write about one topic in the exam, so I chose the play. I found L'Avare rather dull at the start, what I did is I had an exercise book and translated it- writing notes in French about the characters and summarising each scene, it was really useful for essay writing

you have to speak about both your topics - for WW2 I did mindmaps of each significant person and event - l'armistice, Pétain, Guy Moquet etc. so everything was really clear for the exam
    WW2 was really interesting though, especially since I didn't know a lot at the start about the occupation

Are you doing WW2 as your other topic?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I found it a bit of a slog, it's like GCSE history in French so it's quite challenging, luckily you only have to write about one topic in the exam, so I chose the play. I found L'Avare rather dull at the start, what I did is I had an exercise book and translated it- writing notes in French about the characters and summarising each scene, it was really useful for essay writing

you have to speak about both your topics - for WW2 I did mindmaps of each significant person and event - l'armistice, Pétain, Guy Moquet etc. so everything was really clear for the exam
    WW2 was really interesting though, especially since I didn't know a lot at the start about the occupation

Are you doing WW2 as your other topic?
    That sounds kinda interesting For the other one we're doing La Haine? I think...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightningdoritos)
    That sounds kinda interesting For the other one we're doing La Haine? I think...
    Ah right, yeah I've watched that film, it's quite good, a lot to say on the riots in France and young people etc

ReputationRep:
    Ah right, yeah I've watched that film, it's quite good, a lot to say on the riots in France and young people etc
    I don't really understand it, they speak so fast D:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.