Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

I just received my grades and I got a 36. I am really happy about my points (I thought I would get in the low 30s). However, I am 4 marks away in English and History to reach a higher grade and 1 mark away in ToK to get a higher grade (would give me 3 bonus points).

I know the final decision is mine, but would you recommend me submitting for re-marks?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same situation as you, I missed a higher grade in English by three marks and am one point away from a higher grade in TOK which would also get me three bonus points! Ultimately the decision is yours, but my IB co-ordinator told me to submit any subjects close to the next grade boundary for remarking, and I agree. I'm going to send three of my subjects for remarking. But that's because a change in my points will let me meet my uni offer conditions. Depends on you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bravoD)
    I'm in the same situation as you, I missed a higher grade in English by three marks and am one point away from a higher grade in TOK which would also get me three bonus points! Ultimately the decision is yours, but my IB co-ordinator told me to submit any subjects close to the next grade boundary for remarking, and I agree. I'm going to send three of my subjects for remarking. But that's because a change in my points will let me meet my uni offer conditions. Depends on you!
    Thanks for your input!

If I decide to opt for remarking, do I contact the IB or do I contact my IB co-ordinator?
    • TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flomer)
    Thanks for your input!

If I decide to opt for remarking, do I contact the IB or do I contact my IB co-ordinator?
    You need to contact your IB coordinator as your college needs to submit it officially for a remark. Fingers crossed for you

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'm in the same boat as well. My university offer states that I need to get a total of 38 IB points with 766 in my HL subjects. I ended up getting the total but with 765 in HL instead!

To my surprise, I achieved a level 5 in HL English A1 Lit. English is usually one of my best subjects so I was actually pretty shocked! I'm 3 marks away from a 6 so I'm getting it remarked.

I just paid the deposit today, so does anyone know how long it will take to get the re-mark back and sent to my university? My IB coordinator said that sometimes it takes 5 days, but usually between 2-4 weeks. Would sending it off a day after the results decrease the time required to get my results back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whaledunnnnn)
    Hi guys, I'm in the same boat as well. My university offer states that I need to get a total of 38 IB points with 766 in my HL subjects. I ended up getting the total but with 765 in HL instead!

To my surprise, I achieved a level 5 in HL English A1 Lit. English is usually one of my best subjects so I was actually pretty shocked! I'm 3 marks away from a 6 so I'm getting it remarked.

I just paid the deposit today, so does anyone know how long it will take to get the re-mark back and sent to my university? My IB coordinator said that sometimes it takes 5 days, but usually between 2-4 weeks. Would sending it off a day after the results decrease the time required to get my results back?
    I submitted mine the day after results too But when I asked my IB coordinator about timing, he said it all depends on the demand for re-marks from IB students, and that even if you submit your re-mark as soon as possible, it could still take 3-5 weeks. He did say sometimes students get re-marks back after a week though. Fingers crossed the promptness of our requests speed up the process!!

ReputationRep:
    How are we informed of the grade after remarks? Will it just update on the candidate site or do we receive a notification of some sort?
    • TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flomer)
    How are we informed of the grade after remarks? Will it just update on the candidate site or do we receive a notification of some sort?
    There is some information here on the IB website but it's not really all that clear to be honest. I'm assuming it's updated electronically through the IB portal? I think for you to gain peace of mind it's probably best to contact IB direct.

https://ibanswers.ibo.org/app/answer...rks%20deadline

ReputationRep:
    Our school wont send anything for a remark if its 4 marks off and there has to be a pretty compelling reason if its 3 marks off. I read if you are 1 mark off you have a 40% chance of going up a grade and if you are 2 marks off you have a 10% chance, but I'm not sure how accurate that is. Results are normally back in 7-10 days but can take a month. Good luck to everyone sending off for remarks.

ReputationRep:
    I was one mark off a 6 in HL English Literature A1. My school automatically sends the papers back if someone is 1 mark off. I was shocked to even get 1 mark from a 6 because my target is a 5 and i thought my exams went terribly. But my school told me theres a higher chance of your grade going up if your 1 mark off rather that 3/4 etc.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.