Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Could anyone please advise for a decent gym in this area?

Ideally I would like to keep it around £50 a month, but dont mind paying a bit extra if theres a wow factor. Also dont mind venturing slightly out of this area as long as I can get to the place within 2 minutes by tube.

Ps. already looked into fitness first and la fitness

ReputationRep:
    see if there is a gym from the gym group in the area, they are decent and extremely cheap aswell (around 17.99 a month)

ReputationRep:
    Fitness First in the station is the easiest option tbh, but you probably already knew that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincePauper)
    Hi all,

Could anyone please advise for a decent gym in this area?

Ideally I would like to keep it around £50 a month, but dont mind paying a bit extra if theres a wow factor. Also dont mind venturing slightly out of this area as long as I can get to the place within 2 minutes by tube.

Ps. already looked into fitness first and la fitness
    Check out Fit4Less (Google)

It's near the RBS building (next to Aldgate tube). 2 floors and spacious, minimalist type so no classes etc. but it's enough if you have your own regime.

Most importantly, AFFORDABLE.

ReputationRep:
    Gymbox in Bank. Though I haven't been to that particular one myself, Gymboxes generally have weightlifting platforms and decent squat racks. Anything else doesn't even qualify as a gym.

Real men drop weights, not sit on machines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snakesnake)
    Gymbox in Bank. Though I haven't been to that particular one myself, Gymboxes generally have weightlifting platforms and decent squat racks. Anything else doesn't even qualify as a gym.

Real men drop weights, not sit on machines.
    Thanks for all the replies. Currently not looking for value but a mid to top range gym with towel service and good showers. (if only I could afford Virgin active...)

Looked at gymbox bank and like the whole concept/night club feel. Do you know how much the membership is exactly? Checked some reviews online and 80+ has been mentioned.. The gym tour would really have to impress me to sign up. Bit disappointed the dj only plays from 6pm onwards.. I'm more of a morning person so would have to change timings

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.