Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So since I started going to this school year 9 I have had a group of friends but there has been a bit of a massive argument with one of my friends; she got a boyfriend who I don't like and feel uncomfortable with and they always hang around the group kissing and feeling each other up and I'm in a long distance relationship and I miss my BF all the time but when I remember it makes me sad and for some reason they were a constant reminder and several of my other friends don't like him either and I asked for me and them if it would be possible if they spent some time away from the group so we can go back to the way it was and not feel like there is a massive pink elephant in the room that is sitting on everyone's face. But I said if they could not do that then I would leave the group because it got unbearable for me, so she then picked him over me. She then and another friend went and told the rest of the group that I had gone and left because I wanted her and him to break up and she wouldnt do what I said so I left which is a lie. But I really miss some of my friends from that group and I think it is selfish of her to pick him over me and the rest of the group I feel our friendship is over as I hate the person she has become but I do want some of my friends back what should I do.

ReputationRep:
    I started typing here. Now look what happens when I press the enter key!

I'm down here! :banana:

Paragraphs - coming to forum posts near you.:banana2:

ReputationRep:
    No paragraphs; the word 'awks' used...

I'm outta here.

ReputationRep:
    It's none of your business who your friends go out with; if you don't like them then fine, but you should be happy that your friend is happy, rather than wanting them to break up. You tried to get this friend to spend time away from the group, then when they didn't you left; you can't have a part-time friend whom you are friends with on only your terms, it doesn't work like that and you have been very selfish. Throwing a hissy-fit and leaving shows that you couldn't bare not getting your own way, so you have given another reason why these people shouldn't be friends with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1011)
    I started typing here. Now look what happens when I press the enter key!

I'm down here! :banana:

Paragraphs - coming to forum posts near you.:banana2:
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I never said anything about wanting them to break up. It's not her spending time away from the group that I want I just don't see why they have to paw at each other in front of everyone can they not do that somewhere else. I have not thrown a hissy fit, so you would rather I spend time with them which I find very painful and have to deal with someone I don't like and am not comfortable in a place where I am meant to feel safe and happy. Instead of criticizing tell me what exactly you'd have me do

ReputationRep:
    Well, you wrote that in a rush. Okay, explain to her you don't like all the PDA they are showing for whatever reason it is. Obviously, it would be a bit much if you pushed her to never hug or kiss him around you but tell them to try and avoid being touchy-feely- it can make people uncomfortable. Also, I have to remind you that even if you don't like her boyfriend, she does and maybe he likes her back too; I am getting a hint of jealousy about this. I think you need to sit down and talk about it with her especially since you might have offended her earlier.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have you make more of an effort to be around your friend and her boyfriend. I don't possibly see how it can be 'very painful' for you that your friend is happy; they are going to do things together around other people and from what you've said it doesn't seem like anyone else has a problem with it. You need to grow up a bit and realise everything isn't about you and whatever feelings you invent.

ReputationRep:
    You should confront your friend about the situation at hand. Tell them what you think and work things out from there.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I never said anything about wanting them to break up. It's not her spending time away from the group that I want I just don't see why they have to paw at each other in front of everyone can they not do that somewhere else. I have not thrown a hissy fit, so you would rather I spend time with them which I find very painful and have to deal with someone I don't like and am not comfortable in a place where I am meant to feel safe and happy. Instead of criticizing tell me what exactly you'd have me do
    You have the problem with them. Therefore, YOU should be the one who spends 'time away from the group'. You have no right to tell someone else to go on their own. It's your problem, not theirs.

I am in a way jealous which is why it is painful for me. I am happy for her don't doubt that, but I was the one with the biggest problem but I was not the only one. We were a group of 8 and now 7 but the boys 3 of them don't like her BF and don't talk to him and have set themselves away they have not left but it is not the same anymore. Her BF has now left the school, which decreases the problem slightly.
    I know you think I am being selfish that's fine, hate me all you like but for me there was no other option, and I do not regret my decision, and I know this will seem to you like another excuse but we won't be friends again and I'm not sure I want to be friends with her again for other reasons. But it's not her I'm concerned about it is the others I want to spend time with them so do I see them away from school or individually or just try to move on and stick with the new friends I've made.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.