Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What can I do now, that will help me get a job for when I go to uni? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I'm going to university this year at the end of September, and I want a weekend job when I'm there for a bit of extra cash. The university I'm hoping to go to isn't local to me, so finding a job near the uni this summer isn't an option. So, what can I do now to secure myself a job when I start university, and what sort of jobs would you guys recommend? Cheers for your help!

ReputationRep:
    Any job to be honest, retail is most likely as more jobs are available at shops than say offices, The more experience you have, the more likely you are to be hired

ReputationRep:
    Just keep on applying and get a job now, the more experience; the more appealing you are to potential employers.

ReputationRep:
    It would be especially helpful, I think, to get a job at a chain store that is local to you and your university so that you can hopefully get a transfer from one branch to another.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.