Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Thinking of joining an interracial dating website Watch

ReputationRep:
    Is it advisable to join an interracial dating website? I worry that a lot of the men on there have got some sort of fetishes. I'm just wondering why one would go on an interracial dating website.

I'm not really keen on black guys because I've been hurt by them in the past. I fell in love with one last year and he left me high and dry. It took me a while to recover.

I'm interested in dating white guys, but don't know where to find those that would be interested in me.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I think you need to get over your pain. I'm a black guy and I can definitely say that we are all not the same. Maybe the black guys you have dated have all been jackasses but they aren't representatives of the whole black male race.

What makes you think a white guy won't hurt you?

Sick of people stereotyping and judging all black men.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Please. Any guy can hurt you he doesn't have to be black

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruli)
    Is it advisable to join an interracial dating website? I worry that a lot of the men on there have got some sort of fetishes. I'm just wondering why one would go on an interracial dating website.

I'm not really keen on black guys because I've been hurt by them in the past. I fell in love with one last year and he left me high and dry. It took me a while to recover.

I'm interested in dating white guys, but don't know where to find those that would be interested in me.

It's fine,but dating sites are not really a good place to find your other half,just find one white guy in real life.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minju)
    It's fine,but dating sites are not really a good place to find your other half,just find one white guy in real life.

Good luck
    Why are dating sites not a good place to meet someone? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freudian Slip)
    Why are dating sites not a good place to meet someone? :lolwut:
    You never truly know who your typing to until you meet

Most users of online dating networks are lying about their age, height and weight....You even have married people who are just looking for sex ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minju)

Most users of online dating networks are lying about their age, height and weight....You even have married people who are just looking for sex ....
    I went to a wedding of a friend who met his wife on line. Not all users of dating sites are weirdos or losers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minju)

Without wanting to derail the thread too much...

You never know who anyone truly is when you first meet them, whether you meet them online, in a club or anywhere else! The whole point is that you're meant to use some common sense and keep safe when meeting anybody. People can lie about their character, whether over a computer or in person, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minju)

Good luck
    You have an interesting name!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    I went to a wedding of a friend who met his wife on line. Not all users of dating sites are weirdos or losers.
    Do you think an interracial site is a bad idea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruli)
    I understand why someone who has had bad experiences with one type of person whether it is based on race, social class or physical attributes would want to avoid it.

But I don't think its useful to generalise from the relationships you have had about a whole race. Otherwise it would assume all black men have the same characteristics and all white men also have the same when its obvious they don't.

I think some people tend to attract or be attracted to people with common characteristics. This is because people tend to meet in places like work, at uni and clubs where they have things in common so its is hardly surprising. And people like people who share their interests, outlook and lifestyle so they will be meeting and have relationships with a series of people similar to each other.

I don't see any harm in joining a interracial dating site but I don't think just going out with white people who will most likely be similar to the black people you have been with will be any better. I think you have to be better at judging the sort of person you are attracted and want to have a relationship with based on their character, outlook and lifestyle rather than their appearance alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruli)
    Yes and how old are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruli)

It's not a "bad idea" at all. It means you can explore different people you may not be so easily able to in direct life (I would say real life, but isn't it...'real life'? Aha)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsbehonest)
    Yes and how old are you?
    Old enough

ReputationRep:
    I've just signed up.

Loads of weird looking guys and old men!

Only one guy has caught my eye so far lol

ReputationRep:
    I think you have taken the right decision. Why can join any dating sites. But i want to suggest you to join those dating sites which have huge amount of member. It is helpful to find the perfect partner. Here is a dating site which may help you to find your soul mate.
    http://www.plentyfishdating.com/

ReputationRep:
    Just because one black guy hurt you in the past does not mean that any other black guy you get into a relationship with will hurt you. I don't know the details of your previous relationship, but I can see that you have an issue regarding trust with black men that you need to resolve before it strongly inhibits your peception of them. A white guy has an equal probability of hurting you just as much.

With regards to the online dating, I personally would not because you never know who is lurking on those websites sure there are some genuine people but there can be a lot of fake creeps. So my answer is no, you should just continue with your day-to-day life and hopefully one day you will be blessed with the presence of a nice boy who could become a potential boyfriend/lover.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.