Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It seems that everyone I talk to already has an idea of where they want to go for sixth form/college. Anyone living in Birmingham that could give me a couple of ideas ( Good reputation etc) Or even where you're thinking of going and why- Might make my decisions a bit easier. I'm in Year 10 by the way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamAWeasley)
    It seems that everyone I talk to already has an idea of where they want to go for sixth form/college. Anyone living in Birmingham that could give me a couple of ideas ( Good reputation etc) Or even where you're thinking of going and why- Might make my decisions a bit easier. I'm in Year 10 by the way
    If your school has a sixth form, I would highly recommend continuing on there if your tutors are good (that's what I did). You'll be more familiar with everything giving you the best start to A-Levels. However, some people prefer a fresh start.
    - Fairfax sixth form is apparently really good with a high pass rate.
    - Arthur Terry is also very good.
    - Joseph Chamberlain
    - King Edward
    - Coleshill
    - Edmund Champion
    - Solihull sixth form college

Those are the only ones I can think of;3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SparklyUnicornz)
    If your school has a sixth form, I would highly recommend continuing on there if your tutors are good (that's what I did). You'll be more familiar with everything giving you the best start to A-Levels. However, some people prefer a fresh start.
    - Fairfax sixth form is apparently really good with a high pass rate.
    - Arthur Terry is also very good.
    - Joseph Chamberlain
    - King Edward
    - Coleshill
    - Edmund Champion
    - Solihull sixth form college

Those are the only ones I can think of;3
    Thanks for the recommendations. Unfortunately, my school doesn't have a sixth form. I'll look into them
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Edmund Campion is awful. Don't go. I see Police out there patrolling the school every single day.

I would suggest looking into all the ones the other said, esp Arthur Terry and Fairfax. However apparently, Fairfax have some *****es and it's a very *****y Sixth Form.

The "opposing side" which is Plantsbrook, where I did my A-levels just had problems with that school from the debating competitions, to who had sex with who's boyfriend at an 18th party. Cliche I know, but sadly true. I used to go Plantsbrook.... Don't go there

ReputationRep:
    I made a tool that might help you compare A-level schools in your area: alevels.herokuapp.com

Also, here is a comparison of some of the schools recommended previously. You can select/deselect subjects on the left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gavrilov)
    I made a tool that might help you compare A-level schools in your area: alevels.herokuapp.com

Also, here is a comparison of some of the schools recommended previously. You can select/deselect subjects on the left.
    Just had a look at your app. Recommended it to my little brother. Very Helpful! Well Done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gavrilov)

Thanks. Very helpful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Empire Odyssey)
    Edmund Campion is awful. Don't go. I see Police out there patrolling the school every single day.

I would suggest looking into all the ones the other said, esp Arthur Terry and Fairfax. However apparently, Fairfax have some *****es and it's a very *****y Sixth Form.

The "opposing side" which is Plantsbrook, where I did my A-levels just had problems with that school from the debating competitions, to who had sex with who's boyfriend at an 18th party. Cliche I know, but sadly true. I used to go Plantsbrook.... Don't go there
    Surprising... I thought Edmund Campion was a 'good' school. Oh well. Yes, I've heard that although Fairfax has good results, there isn't a very nice atmosphere. I've had a look at JC and there are positive/negative opinions. Our school is attending a MasterClass there so I'll be able to see for myself. Thanks again!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.