Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I have been offered a place at RGU and I feel so glad. Although I realized that I will have financial difficulties with these accomodation prices. As a EU student I'm only eligible for tuition fees (I am so happy about it anyway) - I've already asked the uni and SAAS too if I can get some support somewhere, but they both said I can't. What do you think: Is there any possibilities to find a cheaper place to live? My demands are not high. Or just get support from somewhere?
    Please help me if you can.

(I'm planning to apply for a job, but during the first semester - or at least the first few months - I'd like to acclimatize at first.)

ReputationRep:
    You can try searching for places to rent that are near the uni, people might offer them privately, but its good to get the uni to check its safe just in case on the side

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mav455)
    You can try searching for places to rent that are near the uni, people might offer them privately, but its good to get the uni to check its safe just in case on the side
    Hmm. That's a good idea, I'll try it. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi, usually the private rents are a bit cheaper than the uni accommodation. If I were you I'd look for rooms in flats in perhaps the cheapest areas of the city. If not, I reckon that another good idea would be to share a room.
    However, i'd expect it to cost you at least 300£ a month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakBeagle)
    Hi, usually the private rents are a bit cheaper than the uni accommodation. If I were you I'd look for rooms in flats in perhaps the cheapest areas of the city. If not, I reckon that another good idea would be to share a room.
    However, i'd expect it to cost you at least 300£ a month.
    Fortunately I have found some cheaper ones, I hope they are real and won't cheat on me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vinilklorid)
    Fortunately I have found some cheaper ones, I hope they are real and won't cheat on me.

where? im on easyroommate and the cheapest is around 380 per month :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BarBar-John)
    where? im on easyroommate and the cheapest is around 380 per month :/
    That's what my flat will be costing me (including bills) for the next year and that's cheap compared to what some of my flatmates from last year have had to settle for. Maybe amongst the best you're going to get!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    £380 is an amazing price for Aberdeen! If you don't mind living in the rougher areas then go for them, but your best option is going to be to make friends and look for a place you can all live in.

Be very careful with the private rents on Gumtree though. I've been to several VERY dodgy viewings.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.