Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to talk to someone who you like, no you have gained confidence. Watch

Before leaving sixth form and moving to a new sixth form, (due to dysleksia support being better at the new sixth form) i spoke very occasionally to really nice, outing, pretty lass. However i moved sixth from, and didn't ever get another chance to speak to her. Then out of nowhere she trialed at my part time job, unfortunately she didnt pass the trial and didnt return, but i spoke to her that night on facebook. Me being stupid, stopped replying as i was in a tough point of my life and doubted myself, ever having a chance with her.however now due to alot of improvements in my confidence, thanks to friends and family, i feel confident enough to start talking again, but i have no idea how to start again on talking over Facebook. Its been over a year, and would really like some advice. Thanks in Advance guys .

ReputationRep:
    You could just be like "hey I haven't spoken to you in ages, how have you been"

Then if you have something in common (music taste, films, whatever) could try and start a conversation around that and go from there

Thanks Man, my only other worry if there is another guy, and she is like ugh, wish he inst talking me. if you get me lol. I'm not a normal thinker if you hadn't guessed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks Man, my only other worry if there is another guy, and she is like ugh, wish he inst talking me. if you get me lol. I'm not a normal thinker if you hadn't guessed!
    Trust me I completely know what you mean.

It's much easier said than done but
    "It's better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all"

Give it a shot. If it doesn't end perfectly then yea you'll be gutted but imagine how much more gutted you'll be when down the line you think "what if..."

ReputationRep:
    She's forgotten u or has a boyfriend tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZeroName)
    She's forgotten u or has a boyfriend tbh
    That defeatist mentality. Give it a shot OP, or risk being lonely forever, your call pilgrim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom78)
    That defeatist mentality. Give it a shot OP, or risk being lonely forever, your call pilgrim.
    I tried to chat to a girl from my past and it turned out she didn't care if I spoke to her or not after we texted for 3 months. Past should stay in the past, people change.

A very good past friend of mine contacted me on my facebook after 8 years and the convo was dull and unexcitable (convo ended unexpectedly as wasn't too enthused). He changed a lot and so have I.

You can try to contact her but be very clear on your intentions and if she isn't interested drop it before you get too deeply involved. Rejection pretty much improves me and my mindset, but you? I just do what I want and don't let anything make me feel regret, if it don't work out, there's way more.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.