Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    IB Results just came out, and I am very dissappointed in my IB Spanish B SL exam grade.

I was surprised to see that I got a 6.
    Furtheremore, "The marks required for grade to increase" to a 7 is ONE mark.

I am almost certain that I deserved a 7, but maybe it was just not my day.
    Anyways, my question is, what can I do?

I have heard various things but I do not know what is true and not.

As I understand it, there are 5 main parts that made up my score.
    External:
    - Paper 1
    - Paper 2
    - Written Assignment
    Internal:
    - Individual oral
    - Interactive oral activity

Which of these am I allowed to request to be remarked/regraded?
    Externally, what gets remarked? Just the exam paper 1 and 2, or also IAs and the Written Assignment? How would I do that?

Internally, am I allowed to redo an IA or have it remarked? How would I do that?

Essentially, what are my options to MAYBE raise my exam grade one mark?

I DO know it can also be lowered on a remark, but since I am one point off of a 7, it is a risk I am willing to take.

Thank you!
    • TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibslave1314)
    IB Results just came out, and I am very dissappointed in my IB Spanish B SL exam grade.

I was surprised to see that I got a 6.
    Furtheremore, "The marks required for grade to increase" to a 7 is ONE mark.
    Firstly I would say make an appointment or contact the IB Coordinator at your college - they will be able to advise you

The IB website isn't the easiest website to navigate is it! There is some information here but I can't find anything specific for languages so I'm afraid this is very general.

We have some guidance on resits/remarks here but again it is more general than subject specific. Fingers crossed another member of the community will be able to help you.

Remarks

All requests for remarks must be initiated by the school coordinator.
    Retakes

Schools can choose to offer retakes at their own discretion. Should you wish to request a retake, you should contact IB World Schools in your area using the Schools Search
    :

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your response!

I read this on the website:
    A re-moderation will only be undertaken in cases where the mean of the candidates’ moderated internal assessment marks differs from the mean of their raw marks (the marks awarded by the teacher) by 15% of the maximum mark for the component.

How do I determine if "the moderated IA marks differs from the mean of thir raw marks" by 15%? Am I allowed to know my IA scores?
    • TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibslave1314)
    Thank you for your response!

I read this on the website:
    A re-moderation will only be undertaken in cases where the mean of the candidates’ moderated internal assessment marks differs from the mean of their raw marks (the marks awarded by the teacher) by 15% of the maximum mark for the component.

How do I determine if "the moderated IA marks differs from the mean of thir raw marks" by 15%? Am I allowed to know my IA scores?
    The honest answer is I don't know - but your IB coordinator will so they will be able to advise you on this basis because they'll have the access to all your personal information. Does that help?

ReputationRep:
    thank you! So the boundary for Spanish B SL level 6 was 71 lower and 85 higher.

i received an 85. Should I ask for a remark?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.