Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Film & TV Production 2014/2015 freshers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by itsdiddlingtime
Oh damn. Sounds like maybe they weren't really the best choice for the position if they have to do that. Ah well. It's still a new program, I guess they're working it out via trial and error. I heard that this years group had a pre-written script this time. Lucky buggers...

And I'm not really looking forward to learning anything in particular, just improving what I know really. Cinematography and Editing. All about that! How about yourself?

Oh really! Lucky! I like script writing but the time we had to do it in was too stressful for me to enjoy, so i produced and sort of dabbled with directing and camera operating.

Editing and script writing mainly! Theory interests me too, i know it can get a bit too academic sometimes but im such a sucker for it when it suits me.

Where have you applied to stay? I lived in Courts last year, but ill be in a house with friends this year being technically a second year and all that (although i'd love to go back to halls)
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by camalamb
Hello! I am going to be studying Film & TV in September!

I've finally located the small cave of Film & TV students haha.

Hello! Welcome to our teeny group :P
Original post by EmmyLauren
Oh really! Lucky! I like script writing but the time we had to do it in was too stressful for me to enjoy, so i produced and sort of dabbled with directing and camera operating.

Editing and script writing mainly! Theory interests me too, i know it can get a bit too academic sometimes but im such a sucker for it when it suits me.

Where have you applied to stay? I lived in Courts last year, but ill be in a house with friends this year being technically a second year and all that (although i'd love to go back to halls)

Yeah, I don't mind scriptwriting but it's not my strong suit. I'm too easily distracted to be a proper writer. And yet, i'm pretty good with natural sounding dialogue. I've quite often picked over my friends scripts and rephrased lines to match the voice of the character instead of the writer. They don't always take it well, but i've not had a re-re-write yet yet!

So if you ever want somebody to analyse your scripts (or your editing) with no bias whatsoever, i'm your guy. :P

And i'm applying to mostly off campus places but hoping for The Junxion because it's convenient. Courts is pretty low on my list because I figured I'm probably a bit older than a lot of people there (I'm 20), obviously off campus would be likely to have more of a mix.
Reply 23
Yeah, I don't mind scriptwriting but it's not my strong suit. I'm too easily distracted to be a proper writer. And yet, i'm pretty good with natural sounding dialogue. I've quite often picked over my friends scripts and rephrased lines to match the voice of the character instead of the writer. They don't always take it well, but i've not had a re-re-write yet yet!

So if you ever want somebody to analyse your scripts (or your editing) with no bias whatsoever, i'm your guy. :P

And i'm applying to mostly off campus places but hoping for The Junxion because it's convenient. Courts is pretty low on my list because I figured I'm probably a bit older than a lot of people there (I'm 20), obviously off campus would be likely to have more of a mix.

I suppose whether they like it or not, you do need that honest opinion on a script. It's too easy to become too attached to a character, for example, and not want to change them. Thanks! I'll keep that in mind :wink:

Courts was **** anyway. Extremely over priced for what you get (a lot of silverfish), however my friends who lived in the Junxion did really enjoy it!
I suppose whether they like it or not, you do need that honest opinion on a script. It's too easy to become too attached to a character, for example, and not want to change them. Thanks! I'll keep that in mind :wink:

Courts was **** anyway. Extremely over priced for what you get (a lot of silverfish), however my friends who lived in the Junxion did really enjoy it!

Exactly! But try telling that to a pouty writer/director. :L

I'm glad to hear that about Junxion. Courts is like 5th on my list and tbh despite it being on campus it seems to me like Junxion is actually the most convenient halls for living in the city as well as getting to campus quickly.

Also, I had to google them because I'd never heard of them, Silverfish seem freaking nasty! Last thing I want to be dealing with...
Reply 25
Exactly! But try telling that to a pouty writer/director. :L

I'm glad to hear that about Junxion. Courts is like 5th on my list and tbh despite it being on campus it seems to me like Junxion is actually the most convenient halls for living in the city as well as getting to campus quickly.

Also, I had to google them because I'd never heard of them, Silverfish seem freaking nasty! Last thing I want to be dealing with...

Oh i can imagine!

Oh yeah, i personally think it's best in terms of location. Plus you have Spar and a mini Tesco near by which is so convenient as us at Courts had to trek to Morrissons for our shop (which after you settled in became a right bore.....or me and my flatmates were just incredibly lazy....i'll go with the latter)

They were FOUL. I had to leave my bathroom light on 24/7 because they only come out in the dark, but that didn't stop them worming their way around my carpet as i slept (found this out when i flicked my light on in the middle of the night to do whatever and saw loads of them running away) :'(
Hey I'm doing tv and film too and I've put courts as top choice but i dont want silverfish I will cry. I feel so under experienced reading all of what you've done ahh
Oh i can imagine!

Oh yeah, i personally think it's best in terms of location. Plus you have Spar and a mini Tesco near by which is so convenient as us at Courts had to trek to Morrissons for our shop (which after you settled in became a right bore.....or me and my flatmates were just incredibly lazy....i'll go with the latter)

They were FOUL. I had to leave my bathroom light on 24/7 because they only come out in the dark, but that didn't stop them worming their way around my carpet as i slept (found this out when i flicked my light on in the middle of the night to do whatever and saw loads of them running away) :'(

It suits the lazy side of me so much it's almost a little bit overwhelming. I'm just gonna say the time I save on doing the stuff to keep me alive just leaves me with more time to study and be creative! (That's my story and i'm sticking to it!) :P

Also, I think i'm going to bring stilts with me. Keep them by my bed just in case... >.> Not like i'm a big wimp whose **** scared of insects or anything! I just... Ehhh... Like to pretend i'm a giant straight after I wake up! :L

Original post by marthamccoss
Hey I'm doing tv and film too and I've put courts as top choice but i dont want silverfish I will cry. I feel so under experienced reading all of what you've done ahh

Don't feel under experienced! I'm sure you'll start catching up soon enough by the time you start the course! And if you want to start catching up now try looking around for any local projects you could volunteer for! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi.
I'm going to be starting Film and TV Production in September as well. Really happy to find this because I was wondering what everyone would be like.
Reply 29
It suits the lazy side of me so much it's almost a little bit overwhelming. I'm just gonna say the time I save on doing the stuff to keep me alive just leaves me with more time to study and be creative! (That's my story and i'm sticking to it!) :P

Also, I think i'm going to bring stilts with me. Keep them by my bed just in case... >.> Not like i'm a big wimp whose **** scared of insects or anything! I just... Ehhh... Like to pretend i'm a giant straight after I wake up! :L

Exactly! :wink:

Great plan, those suckers won't know what's coming for them!

I moved back to Lincoln last Thursday and it feels so good to be back! Especially in a cute little house and not manky Courts!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by marthamccoss

Don't worry, there'll be plenty of people who feel the same (including me to some extent!) Think about it, they wouldn't have accepted you onto the course if they didn't think you would be ready :smile: Don't worry about the silverfish, hoover regularly, bleach the bathroom and keep the bathroom light on 24/7!
A fellow Film & TV fresher has created a Facebook group if anyone wants to join!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/356484864504097/

Quick Reply

Latest